The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im gettin a single 12w3, juss wanting to know how much power u guys are running to these subs

·
upward spiral
618 Posts
i was pushin 350 RMS to my 10w3..then i sold it for 50 bucks....

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm sounds like 350+ rms is being used. would pushing 500 rms be too much? especially clean power like RF or PPI. the ratings are 250 rms right?

·
upward spiral
618 Posts
i think JL can handle the power...i dont see why you couldnt use 500...

·
Resident Boost Junkie
716 Posts
JL's can handle tha pwoer u throw at them, az long az its not distorted. In my laz car ( a SUV ) i had 2 JL 15w3 d4's and a RF 800a2 , and damn taht shit hurt !!, i had to go back and down size to tha Power500a2 , i couldnt handle all that power taht wuz commin out, but like i said tha JL's took it 970 watts goin to 2 15w3's thats like 500 watts a sub !!! and they took , neva blew 1 !! So they can handle tha power even if u give them more than 350watts !!!

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chris said:
I have 350rms running to my 10w6, so i'm sure the 12 could take 350+
what kind of amp u got runnin Chris? how do u like it?

·
10,373 Posts
It's a kenwood amp. I love the sub, it can be soft when i want it to be or it can frikken' pump when i want it to pump! lol. It's more than enough for me for this car.

...now if i had an suv, this would be a totally different story ;)

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tight man, i cant wait till it gets here

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was running two 12w3s for a while with a phoenix ms2250 which runs 1050 rms at 4ohms and the speakers just about melted down. I wouldn't reccomend it!

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
memphiskane said:
I was running two 12w3s for a while with a phoenix ms2250 which runs 1050 rms at 4ohms and the speakers just about melted down. I wouldn't reccomend it!
HOLY SHIT!! damn, 525 rms is alot, u must have pounded the hell out of them!, did u have them in a sealed or ported box? hmm...i thinking i should run a clean 360x1 amp on them....

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well right now, i dont think im gonna run but around 300rms to it or a max of 360rms

·
Registered
46 Posts
you should be fine but i would go to a shop that has JLs bible and see what the best enclosure would be for that much power because you will still be overdriving it.

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
memphiskane said:
you should be fine but i would go to a shop that has JLs bible and see what the best enclosure would be for that much power because you will still be overdriving it.
its in a ProWedge box, basically its a JL box

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how old are u

1 - 20 of 23 Posts