The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try putting the Sportlines in front and the Prokit spring in back? I ask because all the pics i see of the Prokit have the from gap still present.....

I know that Eibach doesn't recommend 1/2 installs but says nothing about mixing the types. The prokit is a progressive spring rate versus sportlines having a linear rate, so it'd be interesting if anyone's tried this, or is just plain stupid idea?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'll take the spring you have left over.

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
if you care more about looks than performance, get the pro-kits that were made for the 2.5. Because of the weight difference teh front will sit slightly lower than the back making it practically dead even on a 3.5.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Thai.

Just thinking about what you said...pro-kit will lower the front about 1.4 inches right? the rear about an inch?

With that in mind, I'll just stick the pro's all around. I'd just hate to be some of the few who eventually to the drop to the sportlines. That's why I can't make up my mind right now... I want it low, but no so harsh! damn i hate this decision...

If it wasn't for my daily hauler with kids, I'd go sportlines all the way.

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
please keep in mind that I'm referring to the 2.5 pro-kits. Because the 3.5 weighs about 200-300lbs more (most of which is in the engine bay up front), it'll drop your front to practically sportline levels, whilst leaving the back relatively the same. I've seen a couple 3.5s with 2.5 pro-kits, and it's a very nice look. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a pic of one with the 2.5 pro's? I'm putting 245/40/18 rubber with 18x7.5's this weekend...and I think I just may take that route with the 2.5 pro's.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've got sportlines with 19'' rims and its fine w/ 2 people in the back as long as I'm careful with speed bumps. I dont think kids would present too much problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts