The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know that little button for the power windows, the driver side one that says "auto" and when you hit it, the driver's side window goes down without holding the button? If you hit it when you very first start the car, does it immediately go down? On mine, I have to hold it down unless the car has been on for a minutes.

·
459 Posts
Heh heh. Mine doesn't work at all anymore. In fact, all my other windows have minds of their own. If I don't leave the window lock button ON, they go up and down whenever they damn well please. Sometimes I can't even get them up at all; they'll go up when they "feel like it!"

Out.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
15,220 Posts
djsassan said:
You know that little button for the power windows, the driver side one that says "auto" and when you hit it, the driver's side window goes down without holding the button? If you hit it when you very first start the car, does it immediately go down? On mine, I have to hold it down unless the car has been on for a minutes.
get a new switch.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: anyone with a 93

victor said:

get a new switch.

its not a problem, because I can still put the window up and down. I was just wondering if it was just my car or all cars came like that.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
15,220 Posts
I'd assume that the switch is failing because it should do it immediately after the car is on. there is a pause when you go from ACC to ON as the car turns over and sucks the power, but after that, if you wait a few minutes, then something is wrong.

·
de-moderator
1,545 Posts
mine goes down on its own after i hold it there for about 2 seoncds... a question for everyone... does your auto up work? I dont know if it is upposed to work but, when i was putting my speakers in i forgot to disconnect one of the wires going to the box on the drivers side... and it opened the top and alot of these little plastic pieces fell out... i put it back to gethere and it works fine, but when i was playing with it.. i connected a circuit where the auto up would press and it went up on its own! since i bought my car the auto up didn't work... is it supposed to or not? cause i might go and add a little plastic piece there so it will auto up too!

G

·
There is no auto-up. Just imagine your hand, your head or your dog's head hanging out the window and you accidently hit auto-up. I think you get the picture.

Demmy

·
de-moderator
1,545 Posts
ok... like i thought... there isn't an auto up but there is the circuit for it and the auto switch can be manipulated to do auto up. tight! i am gong to do it cAUSE I get sick of holding it waiting for it to go up!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dementia said:
There is no auto-up. Just imagine your hand, your head or your dog's head hanging out the window and you accidently hit auto-up. I think you get the picture.

Demmy
ouch bad thought. decapitated by my alty....i can see it now and its not a nice thing

on topic my switch works fine.

·
Registered
849 Posts
i know were goin into recession .....how lazy can u get ? cant hold the button to roll the window up?well u can always add a window roll up with your alarm ..altho that would suck cuz i stuck mah head out wen i was a kid 1 time and mah mom didnt kno (passenger) and i got choked...wasnt purdy ... and i learn mah lesson ...dont act like dog for fresh air ..

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
mine too...mine won't go down immediately after i turn on the car. HOwever, the regular toggle works. I don't think it's a problem...probably some kinda safety feature to delay the auto down. Don't worry about it.
Jay

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ThurzNite said:
mine too...mine won't go down immediately after i turn on the car. HOwever, the regular toggle works. I don't think it's a problem...probably some kinda safety feature to delay the auto down. Don't worry about it.
Jay

cool, someone else with the same issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts