The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Like a Villain
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about getting a super air flow converter (s-afc) and having it tuned to my nitrous. i know it would make a difference with the nitrous, but what about with just my intake and exhaust? does anyone have one? are you satisfied? how much did you pay for it. $320 is the best i've seen so far

·
NISSANCLUB.COM
6,243 Posts
No, it will not really work for you. And this is why. Your entire fuel/ignition system is computer operated, and the computer constantly checks the air levels to determing the correct fuel mixture. When the SAFC alters the level, the computer will go ahead and correct the new level back to the stock one. It will pretty much re-learn the curve with the SAFC in mind, therefore eliminating it.

So basically, S-AFC is useless on a 2nd gen altima, it will not do anything at all.

(im sure I made an error in the reasoning above, but thats aproximately why it will not work, atleast thats why it doesn't work for the new Imprezas)

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
You don't need it unless you have a highly tuned, supercharged or turbocharged car. The SAFC is just a fuel computer that modify's the air flow of the Intake Manifold Vacuum/Boost Pressure, Air Flow Capacity, Karmann Frequency, Engine RPM, Throttle Position, and Air Flow Correction %. It also has a deceleration airflow meter that helps correct blow off valve problems.

NOS itself allows you to burn a greater quantity of fuel. NOS is a high HP gain bolt on. That's the whole purpose. Seriously you'd just be waisting your money dude, you don't need it.

·
Like a Villain
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn i really wanted to get one...is there any way i can get around the ecu resetting the afc settings? i want to get a mod that works well with my nitrous, any suggestions?

·
Registered
102 Posts
you can call up jim wolf technologies and tell them what kind of mods you have on your car already and tell them that you're thinking about getting a s-afc put on later. they kinda specialize in nissan ecu's and you could have them reprogram your ecu. another thing you might want to consider is getting the hks vein pressure regulator (i think that's what it's called) from stillen that eliminates the need for the mass air flow sensor. eliminating the mass air sensor will not only straighten air flow, but it will probably allow you to piggyback your stock computer without much problem.

·
H.N.I.C.
3,488 Posts
good question.....
if the ECU is designed wit the AFC in mind..
it should help out some.....
i thought about gettin' one down the road...
WAY down the road
after an engine build up....

and wat about on 1st gens mike??

·
Like a Villain
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
se_racer said:
you can call up jim wolf technologies and tell them what kind of mods you have on your car already and tell them that you're thinking about getting a s-afc put on later. they kinda specialize in nissan ecu's and you could have them reprogram your ecu. another thing you might want to consider is getting the hks vein pressure regulator (i think that's what it's called) from stillen that eliminates the need for the mass air flow sensor. eliminating the mass air sensor will not only straighten air flow, but it will probably allow you to piggyback your stock computer without much problem.
that sounds like it will take a long time...i wanted to get this done within 2 weeks or so

·
Like a Villain
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i already have a CAI and custom exhaust. thanks for the info tho, i guess i'll just have to find a new mod. does anyone know the phone number for JWT?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts