The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, I don't remember seeing this posted so I will ask you fellow Frankencar w/ Apexi intake owners this question:

I am looking to purchase the Frankencar/Apexi combo as soon as they have finalized their 2.5 version but I want to know, with the oil wetted type filters I know you clean them with a K&N filter kit but how do you clean the Apexi filters being that they are the "dry" type??

Anyone know or can point me to a place with some answers?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I heard you can use a air compressor and just blow the dust off of it

·
Registered
964 Posts
I carfully vacume it out, taking my time to get every pleate. As far as I know there are no products available to clean these filters.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
beautiful!!!! vaccum or compressed air, eh??? NIIIIICE!!! much easier to clean then the K&N types....I have made my decision...thanx guys!

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'm sure you know this but, if you use compressed air, blow it from the inside out. That way you dont get dirt and dust lodged deeper into the fabric. Same with the vacume, vacume the outter surface of the filter. Okay, I know you knew this already. Just making sure.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
SE2002 is absolutely correct. These filters are a piece of cake to clean and the really nice thing is that they don't get dirty very quickly.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Man I want a apexi dry filter!

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Any one know if or will the Frankencar/Apexi combo be CARB exempt?

Anyone with this setup get problem or attitudes from the smog check people?

·
1,873 Posts
warhoggie said:

Where I live, I dont have to worry about the smog police.

As for cleaning the filter, it has been a piece of cake.
Either method that SE2002 or pvick calls out works great.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
We have smog police here in the (God do I have to say it) Northern side of Virginia.. the "close in" counties and cities.

I live in a small town in Prince William County and had my car safety checked (required every year in the state) and the technician saw my Frankencar/Apexi intake. He checked it out and thought it was interesting, but that's about all he said.

Here in my area, if it has the stock emissions equipment in place and operating, and it passes the "sniffer" test, you're good to go.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
warhoggie said:

Unless you find a really cool smog station in CA, I'm pretty sure you'll have problems passing visual. I know down here in SD, most of the police officers know what's legal and what's not and which parts need a CARB E.O. number.

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Ry said:
Unless you find a really cool smog station in CA, I'm pretty sure you'll have problems passing visual. I know down here in SD, most of the police officers know what's legal and what's not and which parts need a CARB E.O. number.
Crap! OK, AEM or Injen is the only way to fly then!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts