The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(quoted)
The other 2 threads were cluttered and were closed in favor of this new one. So far here is what everyone needs to know.

Date: April26th
Where: Albany, NY (poss. Taft Furniture Lot)
What: 2003 NE Nissan/.net Meet

Let get some location ideas set in stone in here. I will personally check out all the good spots listed and try to make arrangements for the meet to be held at one of them. Let's put our heads together and pick one good spot in the fine establishment of Albany NY that we can all meet at on the 26th-27th.

Official website: http://www.teknopia.org/nissan/
Official "whos going" thread: http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91841

·
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
(quoted)

HEY EVERYONE!
I've been doing some hotel research and have received a few group rate quotes. Here is a breakdown of the hotel, and what information I have received:

Howard Johnson: 1614 Central Ave
$66.60 1 - 2 Adults
$70.20 3 Adults
$73.80 4 Adults
*All Prices are plus tax, guarantee to number of rooms and full payment amount must be made by 03/26/03.
Hotel Features: Outdoor Pool, Complimentary Continental Breakfast, 102 Rooms, Check-in 2:00 PM, Check out 12:00 PM.

Ramada Inn: 1630 Central Ave
$65.00 Singles
$70.00 Doubles
*All Prices are plus tax, guarantee to number of rooms and full payment amount must be made by 03/26/03.
Hotel Features: Free local calls, Complimentary Continental Breakfast, 101 Rooms, Check-in 2:00 PM, Check out 12:00 PM.

Albany Super 8: 1579 Central Ave
$65.00 1-4 Persons
*All Prices are plus tax, guarantee to number of rooms of at least 12.
Hotel Features: Complimentary Continental Breakfast, 59 Rooms, Check-in 2:00 PM, Check out 11:00 AM.

I hope this helps people out and start thinking if they are staying over or what not? As for a guarantee, I'm not too worried about covering it on my AMEX, as long as everyone pays me when we get there. We would just need to know an exact number of people staying and preference to place staying at within the next week or so. So I guess you can add this to the list of things to talk about in this thread.
Talk to you all later.

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
I just got an email from Lebanon Valley Dragway about possibly renting the track for one day. Now I still have to call them on monday to find out details but how would everyone feel about putting up a few dollars to rent the track for one day and then have the second half of the meet in the park or parking lot? I will post more details once I call the Drag Strip.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
still not feeling the "parking lot" i really think it would be a whole lot better in a park- somewhere where we can all drive up on the grass, park and have a good time......pavement would so suck ass!!!!!!!!

and as far as the dragway goes--sounds cool to me :)

Brandie

·
Bosnian
863 Posts
The dragway sounds like a really good idea, I would also put a couple of bucks in. I agree a park is much better then a parking lot.

·
4,020 Posts
I'll go to the dragway, but definately won't be racing it, it's slow for an Alti...
As for a park, I like parks, but no one is going to able to park their cars on the grass, they won't allow it.

·
14,455 Posts
The problem with the dragway is that people won't pay up their share to rent it out. IMO, unless it's not a huge amount or someone has loads of cash to blow, we will not be able to collect enough money. I say have it in a big lot or a park and call it a day. Easy, free (well maybe a few bucks for the park?), and fair to everyone.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Why wouldnt we be able to park on the grass? theres gotta be some type of park, field, or state park that allows it--theres tons of places around here that do....i think we need to look harder...

Brandie

·
Registered
302 Posts
why do we have to rent the track?wont it be cheaper if we just pay to get in and race and we can stay there all day. plus everyone can meet there.i dont know about everyone else but im not just into altimas . I think you can bring a grill to the track....plus if it is the same thing as NE.DRAGWAY they open at 8am in and close at 5pm ........REV D what do you think thanks Timmy

·
1,373 Posts
98altimatic said:
Why wouldnt we be able to park on the grass? theres gotta be some type of park, field, or state park that allows it--theres tons of places around here that do....i think we need to look harder...

Brandie

Exactly what parks around here let you park on the grass????
The only one i know of is colt state park.but even then your only allowed to do it in certain areas of the park....

The dragway is a cool idea with me, but chris is probobly right. People most likely wouldnt put the cash in...i know i would put my share in if everyone was going to put money in..but there is no guarantee that everyone will put money in....so i guess we should just stick with going to a park....and having our meet there.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
when theres car shows/events mike u can park on the grass just about any one of the parks around here---colst state is a deff...the park in NB u can- ive been to several car shows and meets there, the park in wosceter we met Nate at for the first time---u can park on the grass there....theres several so i dont know where ur from...............

·
1,373 Posts
98altimatic said:
when theres car shows/events mike u can park on the grass just about any one of the parks around here---colst state is a deff...the park in NB u can- ive been to several car shows and meets there, the park in wosceter we met Nate at for the first time---u can park on the grass there....theres several so i dont know where ur from...............

Yea "REAL" car shows, people are allowed to park on the grass, if their car is in the show.......but if your there just to watch then you have to in most cases park in a parking lot and walk to the show...so their allowed because they have the proper permits and the right places to hold the event. Ive been to many car shows also where there are cars parked on the grass, but like i said those are "REAL" shows................not a "MEET" being put toghether by a few people.....You cant just go and park on the grass at a park,mall, whatever have you, without permission, go try and park on the grass at kennedy park and try and get away with it...the cops would be all over any ones ass who trys it..(without permission)....... And I am from the same place you are ....so no need to get testy with me. I was just making a point to you before that we are not just going to be able to park anywhere..

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
testy---me get testy, never;) all i was saying is theres gotta be SOMEWHERE some type of park (state park) that will allow it, i never said pull up to ur local playground or anything of that sort.....and its not a few people , i think its gone way beyond that so maybe we can get permission and be a "real" car show/meet and park on the grass.......Rev said that he was trying to get Nissan to bring some 350's and shit so i thought it was allittle bigger then a small get together

but then again hey thats just might be my imagination:/

·
502 Posts
can't we just park in the parking lot and use the park also? i hope this meet isn't just about cars...i want to have some fun too.

just declare a section of lot ours to showcase cars and use the park facilities nearby when you're ready to chill...

so far it's been lot vs park...can't it be both? or is there another option?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
ok after doing alot of AOL member directory-(albany NY members) askin everyone from albany what kind of parks or things they have there-----ive gotten theres not msny places where we can park on the grass except a few places with permission,, theres a few parks where we can park next to the grass but dont know if we would all fit together
1. washington park in albany --there best biggest park, lot of colleges students hang there in the summer (u would have to park parralel to grass - no lots-no pumpin music
2. lincoln park in albany --small park in the middle of "ghettoville"
3. cornings preserve--really pumpin on hudson river in albany-u would have to get permission to hold something--they have car shows there alot i guess---strict rules
4. the egg---i guess its a big building shaped like an egg lots of parking-little grass
5. guptils--skating rink in albany that have alot of car shows in summer --parking on grass-but u gotta reserve--has ice cream stand
supposdly Albanys got this whole city beautification thing not to fond of big groups of people hangin out with cars causin trouble..

i dont know dont quote me on anything above i only learned this from other aol members and they could be wrong!!!!!

I say re-vote albany sucks is it to late to change my vote to lake george ;) lol

1 - 20 of 211 Posts