The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
THE BYRD MAN DADDY
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
STILLEN IS MAKEING US A SUPERCHARGER !!!!!

i ordered the stillen race pipe and exhaust yesterday. i asked him will stillen make turbos ... and the stillen rep. kenny; said that stillen will be making a supercharger later in the year for the 2002 -03 altima. i told him that i would be telling everyone...he said dont say anything because all altima owner's will be flooding us with emails, and the project wouldnt be done till later in the year. I still feel we should do it anyway asking them for protypes or pics and the amount of horsepower that the car will gain.

:D :D :D :D :D :

·
THE BYRD MAN DADDY
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to costly $$$$$$:(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tubro, by STILLEN???????
which model did they say they were concidering?
one other question...who is kenny at stillen?

TIA

·
Registered
49 Posts
In my reccollection, turbos have a nasty tendency to overcompress the stock engine, blowing out gaskets and possibly worse. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
NanoSan said:
Tubro, by STILLEN???????
which model did they say they were concidering?
one other question...who is kenny at stillen?

TIA
he said supercharger. i like supercharges, but they lose their horsepower when they heat up:(

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
nissan2k2 said:
he said supercharger. i like supercharges, but they lose their horsepower when they heat up:(
Supercharges dont heat up like Turbo's. Turbo's get heated by exhaust while a super charger is belt driven and runs much cooler.

·
driven
1,110 Posts
This Kenny at Stillen should have been smart enough to not say anything to you about a supercharger if he didn't want to be bombed with lots of emails inquiring about proto types etc. You'd think these companies who have gone through the experience of announcing a product before it's truely ready would learn from it and keep their mouth shut until it's truely in the prototype stage with pics they want to release. With Stillen, one year away could mean 2...remember the wait for the Stillen grill?? I wouldn't push this issue with them.

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
JBL85 said:
Supercharges dont heat up like Turbo's. Turbo's get heated by exhaust while a super charger is belt driven and runs much cooler.
yes, turbo's heat up, but that just heats the air, and many cars have intercoolers to cool the air. supers dont and when they heat up, they just dont put out their rated power. im not being a smart ass, i just read it in car and driver:embarasse

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
nissan2k2 said:
yes, turbo's heat up, but that just heats the air, and many cars have intercoolers to cool the air. supers dont and when they heat up, they just dont put out their rated power. im not being a smart ass, i just read it in car and driver:embarasse
Superchargers also can be installed with an intercooler.

But in your previous post you said the super charger heats up, not the air. But thats why there is intercoolers.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Super chargers heat the air as it's compressed too! The neatest thing I have seen in a while is Ford Svt is comming out with a 500 HP Lightning truck it uses the air conditioning r134 A to cool the incomming air and supercharger to create a more dense air charge. Wont be long before the aftermarket picks up on this one.

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
Dallas said:
Super chargers heat the air as it's compressed too! The neatest thing I have seen in a while is Ford Svt is comming out with a 500 HP Lightning truck it uses the air conditioning r134 A to cool the incomming air and supercharger to create a more dense air charge. Wont be long before the aftermarket picks up on this one.
They already have.

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
I'm very hesitant to buy anything that involves engine performance from Stillen until they're ready to back up their claims with dynos. I would consider their sway bar though.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
What exactly is a ...."tubo" ???:)

·
Registered
280 Posts
wild willy said:
What exactly is a ...."tubo" ???:) [/QUOTE

That will be a pipe in spanish :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts