The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Novice Grease Monkey
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2 cheap ($15) coil packs from ebay when I had missing issues with the old motor awhile back. I haven't installed them because one of the coils/springs in one of the coils kept popping out. The other coil pack is fine. The ol' gal is starting to hesitate/miss again, only at half throttle, and I know it's not the sparks cause they're new. No codes have been thrown and I even check the codes. Nothing. I searched on the forum and figured it's the coil packs, I just don't know which one.

My question is, are cheap ebay coils any good? I just plan on buying a new set, if I have to.

·
RAIDERS !!!!
365 Posts
Not absolutely sure but Id say if you can get OEM's or at least some known brands, Ive replaced all 4 coil packs but 2 in particular have been replaced twice. Both were replaced with ebay $15 packs.

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
For essential stuff like that, I'd always go OEM or OEM-spec. No telling what you get on "the fleabay" sometimes. RockAuto has some decent pricing on OEM-spec or you could go to CourtesyNissanParts for a good price comparison of OEM. Third option would be used OEM from a junkyard or cartparts.com, but I'd hesitate with that option for something like coil packs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts