The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Irish Designated Driver
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Repost? I couldn't find anything, but couldn't really figure out what to call the part I'm trying to ask about.

The rear license plate housing of my existing 03 Alti has had a bad encounter with a particularly ferocious onslaught of bird poop and a long day in the sun. Ate very badly into the paint in one day. (Top plastic part of the rear license plate housing).

The new 05 SL's come with a very similar, if not identical structure, with a chrome top part...

The question is, are these plug n' play on the 03's? I know the part numbers are different, but that's because one is chrome, and one isn't..

Anybody looked into this? I have to replace (or just die looking at mine) it so might as well go for a nice touch...I happen to like it...

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
^I kind of understand what you are stating. I think the 02+ models have an outer rectangular piece which can be replaced and I think on the 05, its just the top chrome part of it. I am not too sure about this since I haven't seen the 05 verly closely but you can find out from your dlrship and see what they say.

·
Irish Designated Driver
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have only had to deal with removal and repaint of the housing once..but it seems to be the same shape, just with a chrome upper lip...

So remove the old, paint the lower half of the chromed one my polished pewter, and replace...?

I don't work at Nissan anymore..and it still would be hard to tell unless I had them side by side...with a ruler and even would like to see if the part comes painted, primed, etc...?

·
Irish Designated Driver
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ I knew that part, hence the part where I mention painting the rest the Polished Pewter color.

·
Irish Designated Driver
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that I have DesiEGO's approval... I have to go for it.. :)

The side by side looks interchangeable..but when I order it, I own it..especially when I paint it.. so herein lies the bogey...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts