The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Next time we need an actuall TEAM w/ dedicated players.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I was watching this game and it's pathetic, seriously. There are 3 US players right under the basket and Oberto (from ARG) comes up with the board. Pathetic!

On a side note, they were calling some BS fouls, especially on Duncan. His third foul was absolutely nonsense.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
ndnyc718 said:
usa players should get a salary cut b/c of this. fire all them scrubs
so then the last place teams should get their arms chopped off...or what? why is it any different for them.... Serbia montenegro is a great example of what happened to the US, they were suppose to be top5 in the world, but peja and vlade sat out, as well as some others, and they finished like last place, or almost last.

and lack of dedication wasnt it, if u can't shoot, then u just can't shoot, blame the committe who picked the players.

·
1,873 Posts
Other than the idiots who put together a group of players and not a team, the USA has no excuse. The brand of basketball that the US plays SUCKS!

Even if the other players came over NOBODY in the NBA can shoot the ball anymore. The ones that can are playing for other countries!

All Style no Substance..........

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
ray allen, michael redd, reggie, rip, cassell, bibby, wally, chauncey, etc. theres no excuse for not having shooters on this team. The guys selecting the team ****ED UP. I liek the idea of sending the NBA champ, one problem with that though, is what about teams where an int'l player plays a big role, like houston, then it would totally change the team we send......they need to fire them fawkers on the committe.

·
1,873 Posts
sixthman6 said:
ray allen, michael redd, reggie, rip, cassell, bibby, wally, chauncey, etc. theres no excuse for not having shooters on this team. The guys selecting the team ****ED UP. I liek the idea of sending the NBA champ, one problem with that though, is what about teams where an int'l player plays a big role, like houston, then it would totally change the team we send......they need to fire them fawkers on the committe.
American players need to go to Europe and take basketball clinics from them! They got Schooled!!

But seriously, the nba champ would be a better idea than what we have now! At least the players would have played ball with one another and would play like a...........TEAM!!

I am beginning to wonder if America will ever reclaim the world basketball crown with the style they play...

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
2,411 Posts
cameron said:
No nuts, no glory. Better luck in '08...
Next olympics we should send the guys from the "And 1" mix tape tour.
lol, i was thinking about that yesterday...if it weren't for the stupid traveling calls and stuff, AND1 guys would OWN...best teamwork ever

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
2,411 Posts
Ry said:
They wouldn't send the NBA champ. They'd get no rest.
money talks?

but sertiously, when someone wins the NBA title, aren't they considered "World" Champions? they should HAVE to go to the Olympics and all of those international tourneys...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
they use to have that Mcdonalds tourney, overseas, but i tihnk its every two yrs, i know the rockets went in 95, but im not sure if they have been doing it still......

and everyone keeps bitchin about team team team team, i bet alot of these people say at the beginnin of the NBA season "give them time, they need to get use to playing with each other, just wait til later inthe season......" so whats the difference b/t expecting a "team" to need time to mesh at the beginning of the season for the first 2 months, but then expect the USA team to mesh in two weeks??? this is harder to do than in the NBA, they have to learn and get use to these things:

1. new coaches philosophy
2. int'l play /rules
3. new teammates

while most guys at the beginning of the season only have to worry about 1, maybe 2. Im not saying its impossible to learn, but they have MORE things to learn than other nba players, yet they are given LESS time than the rest.

also, we got schooled...in the international game..not by NBA standards, u'd be surprised how much the game will change if u move the back the 3 point line.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts