The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argh Another Problem -undertray/underpanel?

THe panel that covers the bottom at the front of the car has come loose and is only hanging by the two front screws. What is this part exactly called? the front underpanel or undertray? can i fix this myself or do i have to take it to a mechanic?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks altimat..do you know what that plate is called by anychance? someone said skidplate is that it?

·
Scream if you want to!
368 Posts
man, i just replaced all the fasteners yesterday. I ran over a tire on the freeway and it ripped half the guard off. The fasteners were a 1.40 a pop. There's 4 small ones and the rest are the larger ones.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Same thing happened to me last week when my car got towed. Three fasteners were lost, but got them at the Parts section of a local Nissan dealership. $1.98 for two. Aparently the third hole won't take a fastener anymore (stripped to hell). I know how annoying it could be with that plastic dragging around!

·
Registered
949 Posts
air dam

I think that piece is called an air dam but I am not 100% sure about that.

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
Your just missing some of the trim retainers. There just plastic push-in pin clips, you can buy them from the dealer or they may just give them to you.

·
Vinnie "The Gas Leak"
234 Posts
Yea I drove the mine over the thing thats in a parking spot that prevents you from going over the curb, and that thing came loose. The push pins that connect into the bottom of the bumper are $1.35, and the smaller ones in the back are $1.32. I bought a couple of bags of both, because I knew that when this happens again I could do a quick replacement.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Talk about thread resurrection. :)

This is an easy fix as the two posters above said. I had the same thing happen as the poster above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not sure what it is called. But it brings cool fresh air up to the engine compartment and radiator. It is pretty essential.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts