The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the Arm Rest/Center console break. I was just leaning my arm on it and it snapped, and now it will not go down and it "wobbles" if you put any weight on it. Has anyone had this happen, and if so, did you take it to the dealership and what did they do? I have an appointment TUE and they said they would take a look at it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The first time I sat in the new Alty I saw how flimsy that center piece was and had a fear that I'd break it if I got it...

...and now someone has :(

Hopefully Nissan will take good care of you. Let us know what they say.

·
Registered
79 Posts
nope, have not had that problem ....

·
sardonic patron
24 Posts
I second that emotion...

SteVTEC said:
The first time I sat in the new Alty I saw how flimsy that center piece was and had a fear that I'd break it if I got it...

...and now someone has :(

Hopefully Nissan will take good care of you. Let us know what they say.
...that sucker is unstable WHEN IT'S NOT BROKEN!

:angry3:

·
Registered
4 Posts
latch

Yeah, I was just waiting for somebody to say this. Everybody talks about the gas door release and the way the carpet is cut around it and how that makes the interior look bad. Well, I think the fact that I almost broke the plastic, cheap latch on the center counsel in the middle of the show room was embarrasing. Good luck. I hope that next year they improve the counsel.:angry4:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just to nitpick: Counsel is what you seek when you need legal help, a console is what you are resting your arm on.

·
Future Z Driver
215 Posts
When I picked up my car, my salesman told me to be careful with the center console. He had recently broken one in another Altima on the lot!

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
not broken, but definately flimsy. a few times it has come off track. (the back comes up with front still latched) mine was built in sept.

how about the one in max? it looked better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My console broke for no apparent reason as well. Took the dealer a couple weeks to get a replacement, which was installed under warranty at no charge. Nissan is going to be replacing those things by the thousands.

·
I have too many hobbies..
36 Posts
66pens said:
I just had the Arm Rest/Center console break. I was just leaning my arm on it and it snapped, and now it will not go down and it "wobbles" if you put any weight on it. Has anyone had this happen, and if so, did you take it to the dealership and what did they do? I have an appointment TUE and they said they would take a look at it.

I've avoided using the armrest for fear of damaging it....

·
AE '00
356 Posts
my wife broke the arm rest on my altima. she leaned on it came out of it's hinge or whatever was holding it in. i was able to force it back in and it's working fine. now i never use the arm rest cuz i'm scared that it will break on me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts