The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a supercharger possibility for my 1999 altima automatic...i just wnat the best stuff money can by for my car (nitrous included) i do have driver experience (civic w/ nitrous), and i just really would like to know what i could do to get the altima as fast as it can go....and with as much hp as i can get...from what i've heard the following products that i should get
are:
place racing CAI
stillen headers
nitrous express
underdrive pulley...and that's really all i've heard...i just wnat the maximum hp for my car with using anything i can get my hands on....help...i'll put as much money into the car as i can..which is alot...alot more then 10k

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
someone has already looked at putting a supercharger on...theres no room for it. but something to look at would be turboing it...i dont know if anyones turboed a 2nd gen yet (i want to turbo mine, but i aint got no money!) if i had the money you did, i would go turbo...but of course youll have to build the engine up...lower compression pistons, rods...etc. and if you have over 10K to spend, you can do it. or you could go N/A like Shawn...but if you want the most HP you can get, go turbo...thats my opinion...go to the Turbo forum and ask around or search for stuff.
hope that helps

Monki

·
W_______I_______D_______E
1,492 Posts
just do some searchin'. pay attention to this forum and the turbo/nitrous forum. they will help you a lot. and Shawn has one hell of a n/a altima. my opinion;)

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
99altima said:
same engine, but different ecu's. therefore, its not that easy.
Yeah, I think that it has somehting to do with obdII. I've been wanting to turbo my car for years now but realize that it will cost well over 5 grand for the whole thing to even be remotely possible.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
turbo can be done, but it's gonna many headaches and a lot more money. Not worth it in my opinion.

Nah, if i were you, id do what i did. Get yourself the basics first (i/h/e/p). Then, b/c yours is an auto, get a VB upgrade and torque converter (search about those). And then, I'd go with the JWT nitrous set up. It's a 65 shot and has gotten me PLENTY of LOW 13 second passes and is about to put me in the 12's a week or 2.

search it in the FAQ part of 93-2001. it may be a page or 2 down, but it's there. It has the info you need on that set up. Then, there's a shitload of info in a thread or that Sucio has posted in the turbo/nitrous forum.

check it out and good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
heres the thought why dont you just get an engine swap. then im sure you can get a sr20 in there. that'll be an easier platform to work on. but hey this is a neewbs view

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
RyanD said:
turbo can be done, but it's gonna many headaches and a lot more money. Not worth it in my opinion.

Nah, if i were you, id do what i did. Get yourself the basics first (i/h/e/p). Then, b/c yours is an auto, get a VB upgrade and torque converter (search about those). And then, I'd go with the JWT nitrous set up. It's a 65 shot and has gotten me PLENTY of LOW 13 second passes and is about to put me in the 12's a week or 2.

search it in the FAQ part of 93-2001. it may be a page or 2 down, but it's there. It has the info you need on that set up. Then, there's a shitload of info in a thread or that Sucio has posted in the turbo/nitrous forum.

check it out and good luck

For as long as I've known you Ryan, you never cease to amaze me:eek: . 12's!?!?!?! Damn dude, you are seriously my idol. N/A altima running low 13's to hight 12's is sick bro. Seriously bro, you are the reason that my supposedly show altima was put on hold so I can save money and throw it into some go. Next time I'm in Orlando (which might be in july or maybe even earlier) I want to go to the track with you and watch your car run bro

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
^ he be juiced not N/A... and I digress. there is a lot of false information just floating around in this one post alone! 1stly, it is possible to turbo a 2g, but you'll break your entire bank doing so. 10g's can go really fast, I can blow 10gs on a buildup alone, completely missing the turbo. What you can do, and I would reccomend this route since you're a 2g... buy a 1g engine and ecu, drop it into your car and turbo away. all in all you'll be spending about 7k total. sell the 2g engine and you're in buisness, you can get exhaust work, some suspension mods, and a torque converter and Valve body upgrade.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
why sell the 2g engine? just use a 1stg intake manifold and hell be in business then too. its what im doing and the 2g engine im using even has a better flowing stock head.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
true, i forgot to mention ecu and wiring harness... but still, using the existing engine=800 bucks extra for build up, possibly less miles as well.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
meh, on build ups mileage is inconsequential (you may have to spend more on replacing parts), but a build up is like having a brand spanking new engine.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
u don't need the ecu to turbo the car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts