The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
<for hire>
2,769 Posts
Peterson,
Thank you kindly for the pictures. I hate using the 'jacking points' because I find it hard to get my jack in there along with the jack stands.
Wish you a speedy recovery from your injuriese.

·
altimember
860 Posts
so what's the correct way to putting jack stands on? lift one corner first w/ a car jack, then put in the jack stand & do the same for the other 3 corners? just not sure where under the car it would be safe to put the stands.

peterson - btw, what happened to your neck?

·
Registered
28,959 Posts

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
How much are those jack point attachment block things at the dealer? I've been gradually fawking up the front jack points on my Alty by just using the hydraulic jack. Or has anyone made their own adapter?

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
when you're using a hydraulic jack to lift up eitehr end of the car (front or rear), always do it from the center cross member under the engine, or a center jacking point at the rear subframe. It's indicated as "Garage Jack Point" in the illustration above.

I can't help but noticing the long suspension arms the U13 and/or L30 got. No wonder you got plenty of downtravel movement. Truly a traditional method to reduce suspension movement, more grip, more stability.. That's compared to my U12 of course.

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
ASHURA said:
when you're using a hydraulic jack to lift up eitehr end of the car (front or rear), always do it from the center cross member under the engine, or a center jacking point at the rear subframe. It's indicated as "Garage Jack Point" in the illustration above.
O.K. - I have always used that rear crossmember for the back, but never tried that 'beam' in the front - Thanks.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
Re: yo

Brian Passarelli said:
that's a good pic... but look at it... i dont think that s an [email protected]!!! certainly not a 93-01.... look u can tell in many wyas.

Picture shows generic undersurface detail of the U13 and L30 Altimas

ashura so dont think what u were saying... . based only on that pic

Come again??

so does this pic demonstrate the proper way for altimas, though?
yes it does, per nissan japan instruction...though dealer usually have other ways they prefer..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts