The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
racelegal.com
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law and myself are planning on going to the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach on Sunday April 13th. Have any of you guys ever been to it before? We don't really know which grandstand to sit in to see the best action. Also, do any of you guy's wanna meet up? It's $55 - $65 a ticket for Sunday, plus $20 for the garage access pass and then $50 for parking (ouch!).

here's the link:

http://www.longbeachgp.com/

·
Willow Springs, Turn 4
1,034 Posts
I went for years....used to get the photo pass tickets @$200
You could go ANYWHERE :D

It's just gotten to damn crowded for this kid :(

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Agreed. I'd rather spend that money on a track-day. :D

·
racelegal.com
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BA, I have never been so I am interested in going. I'm sorry that it's no fun for you any longer, but since you have been so many times, what grandstand would you suggest sitting in? I am looking for information so that I can get the most enjoyment out of the day. So please keep the reply's to answering my question. I posted here to see if anyone wants to join. If not ok, but please give me suggestions if you have gone so that I have a better guess of what to do and where to go.

·
Yeah, I've got em
241 Posts
Can't you just volunteer as a course worker and get in for free?

·
Willow Springs, Turn 4
1,034 Posts
WOW !!!

They really changed the layout of the track !
We used to get the Super Photo Pass tickets and would spend time in the different photo towers. From looking at the map I really can't see a good bleacher....well actually #5 looks ok if you can see over to turns one and two.

BTW....we would park a few blocks from the track for $5

·
racelegal.com
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BA, I was wondering if I would be able to park for any cheaper than $50. I thought that it might be like street scene and everywhere will be jacked up in price. Plus I don't know my way around Long Beach either. i think that maybe I will just chance it and try to find parking somewhere else. Should I be there when the gates open at 7am? I won't be able to sit in stand #5 since I am only buying a sunday ticket, I can sit in #6. I was thinking about maybe stand #21 or #30. #21 you can probably see 2 turns and in #30 you can see them hauling ass down the straight away and some of the pit action. I just don't know. That's why I posted here, too see about getting some insight from anybody that has been there before.

Thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
how much are tix to see the celebs race?
Jae

·
racelegal.com
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
check the site, but I belive that you have to buy Fri. and Sat. tickets or all three days. Sunday is the only day that you can buy a ticket for that day only. Do you wanna go?

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
wow, $33 for fri and sat is too steep for me. Will you take lotsa pics for me instead? I'll host them. Thanx!

Jae

·
racelegal.com
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh hell yeah! I'll borrow my buddies digi cam and snap some pics. But I still don't know where the best place to see the action is. i guess I'll just get a seat in stand #30 that way I can see the pit action and be on the main straight away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts