The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Puggy the Pimp
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellas I need your help once again. I am looking into audio upgrades for my car and through that conversation a coworker offered to sell me a pair of Pioneer subs for a substantial lesser price than the JL w3's that I was considering. Here is the model number ....what can you tell me about them in comparison to the JL's. They are brand new never been used. Thanks...

PIONEER IMPP 12 Inch 600 Watt Subwoofer DVC Model TSW304DVC

·
Puggy the Pimp
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
02silver2.5l said:
BIGBADMIKE,
HOW MUCH ARE YOU SPENDING ON THE JL W3'S? REASON BEING I HAVE 2 12W6S FOR SALE.
Well...I got a quote from a shop here in Houston and it was for about 1500 for everything but I am not sure how much the sub was alone. They were just 10W3's though. I think 2 12W3's might be more than I need. How old are they and how much do you want for em?

·
Frozen Member
1,326 Posts
02silver2.5l said:
BIGBADMIKE,
HOW MUCH ARE YOU SPENDING ON THE JL W3'S? REASON BEING I HAVE 2 12W6S FOR SALE.
i'll vouch for the W6's - I have a pair myself. I had 3 in my Civic, and it had sick bass. 1 is great, 2 is perfect

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I am not here to make you rethink your decisions, but $1500 can go a very long ways... if you are going to spend that much i really recommend doing it yourself. You can get MUCH better equipment than $1500 worth of equipment from a shop.

For instance, my setup
Kenwood 859 $425
Arc 2100 (used $210)
A/D/S 236im coaxials ($170)
Adire Audio Brahma 12 ($370 shipped)
Infinity Beta 300 ($225 used)
Granted i have more than $100 into my wiring and distro blocks, but you can do it for that much money...
That comes to $1500 total, and all excellent stuff and authorized and warrantied except for the used stuff.
I am not saying that you have to get the same stuff as me, i just want to point out that you CAN get excellent quality stuff and install it yourself for the same price that you can get lower quality stuff installed at a shop for. What is all included in this $1500 that the shop quoted you?

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
BigBadMike
they are 2 years old in perfect condition. Looking to get 280 for the pair. I have thought about finding a busted one on ebay because jl will rebuild the sub new for 100.00.

·
Puggy the Pimp
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rthompson said:
I am not here to make you rethink your decisions, but $1500 can go a very long ways... if you are going to spend that much i really recommend doing it yourself. You can get MUCH better equipment than $1500 worth of equipment from a shop.

I hear ya there....and more than likely that will be the route I take. That was just a "rough draft" so to speak. I am gonna get several more estamates just for kicks but me and one of my boys will probably do it ourselves. I just wasn't sure how good those Pioneer subs were. Thanks for you knowledge....

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
g-cia35 said:
hey man you know what you could do is get a piece of clear plexi glass and use free air speakers in your trunk. trunk space is huge
and it will look different and sound bad ass.
you are soooo wrong!! free air speakers a shitty! they need alot of space, and your trunk need to be air tight. if its not it sounds even shittier! and what the hell would plexi glass do?

·
Puggy the Pimp
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by OneHot2ndGenAlty
A lesson for everyone out there, dont drink and drive, you could break your headunit....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW I KNOW...........................

and KNOWING is HALF the BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts