The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i'm having a little problem deciding between two systems! i want either an audiobahn AW1208Q with a 1200w amp or a JL audio 12" W7 with a 1000w amp. Which one should i do?!?! i want some crazy bump in the trunk :p

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hm..but now im thinking that the w7 is kinda pricey eh? u guys suggest anything pretty high end but not whoppingly expensive? :D

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
JL

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The Adire Brahma ($380 for the 12) is able to give you close to what the w7 can at a MUCH lower price tag. The Image Dynamics ID Max ($400) and Stereo Integrity Magnum D2 ($250) are also right up with the best.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
fr0mastaj said:
ooh..yea..and whats the deal with all the posts about shiva's?? they look kinda weird.... :T
Sure they look plain, but i like to call it the wolf in sheep's clothing... it is a mean sub down low!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
If you like JL then go with the W3 line up. They are 1/4 the price and sound awesome.

The right configuration will be pleanty loud. They also have different impedance line up's so you can get what ever load you need for what amp you buy.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
BRAD#3 said:
If you like JL then go with the W3 line up. They are 1/4 the price and sound awesome.

The right configuration will be pleanty loud. They also have different impedance line up's so you can get what ever load you need for what amp you buy.
the W3 line just isn't up to par with the likes of the W7, Brahma, Max and Magnum D2.... not a bad sub by any means, but it really isn't any better than any of the other subs in the $125-150 price range... a good sub, but if you are looking at the W7 line then a W3 would certainly be a letdown.

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
rthompson said:
the W3 line just isn't up to par with the likes of the W7, Brahma, Max and Magnum D2.... not a bad sub by any means, but it really isn't any better than any of the other subs in the $125-150 price range... a good sub, but if you are looking at the W7 line then a W3 would certainly be a letdown.
such as the adire audio shiva, that thing is a monster for 125 shipped to your door!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Elemental design SP... this sub will walk with the w7 and in my opinion has better SPL and SQ. This subwoofer will take as much power as you can throw at it and only get louder. The sub is beautiful and ranks among the highest out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
jl's SUCK

Audiobahn is makinga quad 2 ohm subwoofer that puts the JL w7 to sleep. The w7 was tested and it only got a 145 with 1200 watts. The new quad 2 ohm is doing 169 on a 1000 watt load. So, I would suggest Audiobahn. Remember it is not all about names, but performance.

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
WhiteAlty said:
The JL's are the best way to go. There pricy, but its WAY worth it!
its is NOT the best way, it is pricy, its not worth it for the price.

mandee1981 said:
Audiobahn is makinga quad 2 ohm subwoofer that puts the JL w7 to sleep. The w7 was tested and it only got a 145 with 1200 watts. The new quad 2 ohm is doing 169 on a 1000 watt load. So, I would suggest Audiobahn. Remember it is not all about names, but performance.
the w7 is a sound quality subwoofer, audiobahn sucks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Re: jl's SUCK

mandee1981 said:
I really doubt that a single sub is doing 169 dB on 1 kW...is that with the mic right next to the speaker inside a fish tank? Anyhow I'd like to see the specs, pictures, bench test sheets, etc. on that sub because that is surely remarkable.

As for JL vs. Audiobahn it goes JL hands down but like media said...JL isn't the best performance/price ratio. The w7 is a fine fine sub but you can get something comparable for near half the price.

·
Registered
442 Posts
just go to walmart and pick up some of that crappy blue amp and the 2-10 box with neon for 60 and you'll have somthing to cy about... j/k just bored

1 - 19 of 19 Posts