The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on that website www.thezeb.com they have good deals on speakers. are those 10inch audiobahn subs good?? what do you think would sound better? 3 of those 10inch audiobahns or 3 JLw3's. i have never heard audiobahns before

another thing...... how are those audiobahn amps on there?? would any of them work good with 3 10inch audiobahns or 3 10 JLw3's????

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey man.....audiobahn is one on the best brands on the market...I don't know what you've been listening to...but audiobahn subs and amps sound kick ass....I think you're assuming they are bad because of what someone else told you...because you obviously have not heard an Audiobahn system or else you would acknowledge the fact that they have killer bass and sound.

Hey COOTZ don't let this guy de-motivate you....Audiobahn is one of the best!!!!! Subs and amps....you may look at Autotek subs and amps too...both brands are great investments for your car stereo!

Hope this helps!

later

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i never heard audiobahn b4 no one round here has them. they r under 100 on that website so thats why i was askin. they r cheep as hell but i dont wanna pay a cheep price and get a cheep soundng speaker

·
Registered
56 Posts
TL said:
I believe the cap' is a dealer or works at a shop.. he knows what he's talkin about..
Get your head out of your ass man....working at a stereo shop or dealer does NOT....at any time....make him more knowledgable than either of us....this comment should be edited or withdrawn. FYI......car dealerships sell dodge neon's and kia sephia's to customers making the customers believe they are buying a good vehicle when in fact they are buying junk....in relation....captainx75 probably does not carry audiobahn so he recommends something else to his customers...something that he does carry even though it may not be as good. Audiobahn is an excellent brand....do not be fooled!!

Cootz....go with audiobahn, xtant, or autotek....all excellent subs and amps!!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Both audiobahn and JL are decent subs. But personally, I will never buy a JL sub(too mainstream). A lot of people question the reliability of audiobahn products. So far, I have only heard good things about their subs from the people that I know that use them(they are using the lower line and bought them off ebay for 48 apiece). They have decent spl, but the sq isnt awesome. I would say befor you give them a try, go to a local shop that carries them and see if you like how they sound.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Perfect Nissan said:
Both audiobahn and JL are decent subs. But personally, I will never buy a JL sub(too mainstream). A lot of people question the reliability of audiobahn products. So far, I have only heard good things about their subs from the people that I know that use them(they are using the lower line and bought them off ebay for 48 apiece). They have decent spl, but the sq isnt awesome. I would say befor you give them a try, go to a local shop that carries them and see if you like how they sound.
You couldn't have said it better...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hmmmm...

I tend to agree with TL on most everything he posts.. he is very wise in this area.... I tend to think of myself as up to date most of the time of car audio... and i have never even heard of this company until this post... So i cant just outright say they suck... but i will say this... I have been using JL products for years, they have built a good name for themselves, and make very good subs for the money, sure you can do better, but they sound really good for what they cost...

I went to both sites, and looked at the amplifiers, and from my taste i wouldnt use either one of them for amps, they both suck... but i guess thats got to do with the fact i have been using McIntosh amps for years now and i'm spoiled now... an amp that puts out .03 thd is just not gonna do it for me these days...

Later :D

·
DirtyD!ck MoFo
435 Posts
jonboy1433 said:

Get your head out of your ass man....working at a stereo shop or dealer does NOT....at any time....make him more knowledgable than either of us....this comment should be edited or withdrawn. FYI......car dealerships sell dodge neon's and kia sephia's to customers making the customers believe they are buying a good vehicle when in fact they are buying junk....in relation....captainx75 probably does not carry audiobahn so he recommends something else to his customers...something that he does carry even though it may not be as good. Audiobahn is an excellent brand....do not be fooled!!

Cootz....go with audiobahn, xtant, or autotek....all excellent subs and amps!!
ummm...1st off...Working at a GOOD shop (which I do) DOES make you more knowledgable about whats going on....AudioBahn craftsmanship, reliability absolutely sucks ass compared to the brands you mentioned (Xtant and Autotek). You cannot even compare the quality of Xtant & Autotek with Audiobahn.
But like i mentioned in my 1st post...that's my opinion others disagree.
You are right...we dont carry AudioBahn at our store...we dont carry alot of other brands for that matter...if you were a little bit more thoughtful of your response you would know exactly why small shops like mine do not carry many brands (im not going to explain business matters now unless u would like too).
Actually...I'll explain..i have nothing else to do...:D
Car Audio Business 101

1. The shop carries what your distributor carries. Places like the Wiz have dozens of distributors because they are multimillion dollar companies...small shops on the other hand like Audio Clinic (name of the shop i work in) cannot afford to spend 1 million dollars every month purchasing equipment from 25 different wharehouses....so we are limited to about 2 or 3.
2. You gotta carry High-End...Mid-Range....Low-End...and garbage equipment. Not every single customer who walks in the shop wants 800 dollar MB Quart components or wants to spend 4 grand on a custom trunk.
Number 2 explains why a shop markets certain brands to certain customers. For example...we carry Sony subs and amps....but I would never use Sony subs or amps cuz i dislike them...so I wouldnt try to sell Sony subs to a customer that wants something nice and is expecting excellent quality. However...when the 17-20 yr old kid who is still in high school or college comes in..and wants something good but cant spend the extra 3 or 4 hundred for SoloBarics and Alpine amps..then...guess what....I have a Sony DVC sub for him. Whether he wants it or not..is up to him.

You buy bootleg shit or stuff thats on sale for "bargain" prices...guess what...most likely then not it's gonna sound like shit.If you're lucky it'll sound good. Like in Cootz case...he has a dilemna between JL and Audiobahn....
Why not buy the brand that has proven itself over and over and over again? I dont carry JL....but if a customer walks in..and asks my opinion about them...I tell them they're great subs cuz they are... If a customer walks in and asks about my Sonys that are on display...I'll tell..they are DECENT subs..cuz they are.

Point being...AUDIOBAHN SUCKS BIG COCK.
the only good audiobahn product is their aluminum subs....but i rather have an Eclipse Aluminum.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
or eclispse titanium<------nice subs

Future reference: Whenever you make a post about what sub is better, expect responses like this. Everyone has their own taste. YOur best bet is to audition a sub before you buy. Its you that has to listen to it everyday, not us.:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
captainx75 said:

...Point being...AUDIOBAHN SUCKS BIG COCK.
the only good audiobahn product is their aluminum subs....but i rather have an Eclipse Aluminum.
Your attempt to sound educated in this matter was short lived. Why a comment like this was added....I don't know. I'll give you some credit though for briefly coming across as knowledgable. However, it still seems as though you have not heard Audiobahn products...subs/amps in particular. I was extremely satisfied after hearing the sub I purchased.

And in response to 2Demon5.....you have Audiobahn beat by far if you're using McIntosh...sorry....I refuse to pay that much for a stereo...But I bet yours sounds nice!

·
Registered
237 Posts
:D Yeah thats for sure TL

Those amps are amazing.. i have used various others since i began messing with car audio, have used JBL, Orion, Alpine, PPI... they are all nice... but the McIntoshs are just ridiculous...

Not just the power, but its so clean so tight all the time...

For instance, I just hooked up my new subs to a Mac amp i had sitting that i was gonna sell, to see how it sounds... So anyways.. i hook up a mcc222 (110w x 2) to a JL Powerwedge with three 8's in it... I ended up leaving the gain at about 15% it was so loud... guys at the stereo shop were trying to sell me a 500w JL amp when i told them i was gonna try it with this little mac amp.. they tryied to tell me i was crazy.. hehe, guess they havent heard a mac amp before...

Oh well...

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
AudioBahns are pretty good from my experience, their subs i mean. their amps are WAYY over rated. for the price u pay for Audiobahn subs, u cant beat it. i'd take a AW1200 over a 12w0 any day! i think the AW1200 runs like $90. They're subs hit hard as shit, if u know what ur doing. i'd take this over a W0 anyday
my personal quote, u can take anything and make i sound good, as long as u know how to install it. meaning, knowing what is compatible with what and so forth. 10% equipment 90% install. i made a $75 10" sub hit 136dbs, just make sure u know what ur doing, if not ur gonna blow it or fry an amp or worse have really nice equipment, and not hit hard at all

1 - 20 of 63 Posts