The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everrated? A lot of people I know tell me that it's overrated? Says that it's not hard at all. You just need some decent practice on some scrap metal and you can do your own car. After you're all done, just claybar it down to get rid of overspray. What are your opinions? We're talking about using the quality paint that they use at body shops, not pep boy spray cans.

·
your mom felt my length
1,077 Posts
get the car done professionally, only time i can see it as a dyi job is small things like side mirrors, wings/spoilers and stuff like that...but not the whole car...

·
Registered
48 Posts
trust me i paint cars for a living its not exactly easy it does take alot of practice its alot more complicated than most people think alot of different thigns come into effect on the finished product ive taken class after class and i practice and practice ive been doin it for a couple of years now and gone through soem school for it and still need more time to perfect things. you get what you pay for....

·
Banned
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so that's how it is. Dangit ... maybe i should just go to school and learn too. I wish someone would do a cheap paintjob for me ... oh well

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
94redse said:
trust me i paint cars for a living its not exactly easy it does take alot of practice its alot more complicated than most people think alot of different thigns come into effect on the finished product ive taken class after class and i practice and practice ive been doin it for a couple of years now and gone through soem school for it and still need more time to perfect things. you get what you pay for....
how much for a paint job, keeping the same color:confused:

·
Kitt Shicker
1,128 Posts
i remember about like 10 years back i was reading this hot rod magazine and as a project, these guys fixed up a 66 Chevelle and painted it themselves. they did the whole painting process themselves and it turned out real nice.

·
Registered
48 Posts
altimae it reall deends on alot of things id have to see the car not that i dont know what any gen alty looks like it just depends on door dings, chips stuff like that. Id also hve to look up the color codeof your car and get soem prices on paint different colors cost more/less depending. If youre serious we couls work something out where exactly are you located ?

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
94redse said:
altimae it reall deends on alot of things id have to see the car not that i dont know what any gen alty looks like it just depends on door dings, chips stuff like that. Id also hve to look up the color codeof your car and get soem prices on paint different colors cost more/less depending. If youre serious we couls work something out where exactly are you located ?
im in Queens...........its minor dings and scratches, and the color code is FL1

-Robb-

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
6,757 Posts
Painting is seriously not that easy. Like someone said before...there are alot of things that come into play. You have to sand it right, spray it right, mix it right, etc. Somtimes you can get it to look great primered...but when you paint...you'll end up seeing lines and swirls and other crap. Then you have to clear coat, buff, etc.

Take some classes...have someone else do it....but don't do it yourself man. If you do...good luck.

·
PrOuD To Be HaWaIiAn
3,416 Posts
it is not as easy as you think. it takes years to get it down, you learn the tricks of the trait. I learned the hard way, i had my friend paint my kit and he did a shitty ass job. i wasted money on that when i should have just went to a shop and painted bumpers the right way. i regret it. my best opinion is to just take it to somebody professional.

·
Banned
2,235 Posts
if you take the time out to do anything and get someone with experience to help you....you can do anything

time is the only factor.

·
SUCK MY HAIRLESS GONADS!
3,292 Posts
i personally wouldn't try to paint my car myself. not my alty. i would my rain ride but not something i care about. i know i would mess it up and then i'm out time and money.

altimate98: for a good job painting your car the same color would be about 2500. i only paid 500 more and got the color changed. i know the guy but it will be around those price ranges for a good job.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts