The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in Chicago or Milwaukee want to try autocrossing?

Altima's have the power, now prove they can handle too! These schools are for first timers or drivers with limited experience. It's a great way to get some very good instruction and learn the limits of both you and your car.

Joliet school on 3/29 and 3/30 - $100.00
Chicago SCCA

Milwaukee school on 4/6 and 4/12 - $50.00
Milwaukee SCCA

Last year Altima's were very absent from the Chicago mix. We had 5 Sentra's, 2 Maxima's, and a couple 200SX's but no Alts that I remember.

Think you got what it takes :dunno:

BJ

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LmfDeeDee said:
u know of any tracks by the chicago area that i can do 1/4 mile runs?
We'll there's Byron, Rt66 in Joliet, and Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove WI. There's also one on the Indiana border and one just up the Michigan side. A bunch of Maxima owners are gonna run Byron probably in April/May.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ross said:
100 bucks is kinda pricey too
If you can't spare the cash :eek: then just come out for an event and go at it sometime.

Actually these intro days are the cheapest instruction around. Regular events cost $25-$35 and you only get 3-6 runs behind the wheel. Evolution classes cost $200 for a single day instruction. Skip Barber and similar are $500+ for 3-4 days.

These classes offer approx 16 hours of instruction with 20-40 runs behind the wheel.

·
Auto Tech
4,743 Posts
doesn't this beat the crap out of your car though? i mean i still have stock struts and my car is lowered, i dont want to tear the shit out of my car...let me know if its bad for it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ross said:
doesn't this beat the crap out of your car though? i mean i still have stock struts and my car is lowered, i dont want to tear the shit out of my car...let me know if its bad for it
It's less strain on the car then a dragstrip. Usually the only wear items are tires and brakepads. A typical day only has 90sec-360sec of actual driving time. You get a rolling start and rarely have to shift more than once.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TRAB said:
do you have to be a SCCA member to be in this ???
Membership is NOT required for any events or the schools. What it does get you is preferred registartion for most events, discounts for entry fees, the monthly magazine, and coverage from the $1Mil ins policy.

If anybody does want to do this then get your registration in immediately. We've only got 50 opening's left for Chicago and passed out like 500 flyers at the autoshow so far!

·
I don't care
4,185 Posts
BEJAY1 said:
It's less strain on the car then a dragstrip. Usually the only wear items are tires and brakepads. A typical day only has 90sec-360sec of actual driving time. You get a rolling start and rarely have to shift more than once.
Definatley not less stress. It hurts your tires, brakes, and suspension. My car has been through about 10 runs and is basically stock. It'll hurt your tires the worst. If you go with some all-season radials they can be pretty screwed up at the end of the day.

I'm still considering going though. I'm just not sure if I'll have the money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts