The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Keepin' It Real
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

My automatic 93 alty, doesnt ever downshift untill I step on the gas with a heavy foot!!! I can always feel the car lag before it changes gears (2nd to 1st)...sometimes it switches harsh...and I can feel as the motor switches postions.

Most of the time the car sticks in second gear when excelerating slowly from a stand-still...untill I either give it enough gas to change to first or just ride it out slowly till it changes to 3d.

I have recently (under a year ago) replaced the motor mounts...and my tranny went out 2 months ago so I just got a rebuilt tranny and it has the same lag problem I had before.

I have checked my downshift cable next to the throttle cable...I have tried to make it tighter and looser and nothing helps!!!

DOES N E 1 HAVE N E SUGGESTIONS??? (Please read the entire paragraph above before you give me some stupid response just so you can get more "post numbers"...please only give me a response if you have a valid idea) - Sorry for being an ass...just that I see how people post hore on other peoples problems!!!

Thanks,

Shawn

·
Banned
2,829 Posts
you got a rebuilt tranny now ? you have any ideas how many miles you have on it ? ....i would do a tranny flush and maybe check the filter ...as for the cable ..thats the idling cable so it wouldnt have anything to do with Downshifting ..,i would check the tranny fluid 1st ...see if its stil redish ...see if theres any burnt smell of anykind ... if you already have done this ..then maybe the tranny is worn out .....the ECU is suppose to handle the shifting problems ...but i doubt the ECU is faulty ..but it worth a shot to check the fluid 1st and go on from there ... check the filter for any metal flakes or any kind ..good luck

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
Auto trans cars have two throttle position sensors. One for fuel injection purposes, and one for trans shift. Make sure the latter is adjusted properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts