The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting an automatic razo shift knob with overdrive button tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone here has it and installed and if they have any pics of it. Does it need a leather boot or does it look fine just having it put on replacing the stock shift knob? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a Razo shift knob with the overdrive button. It comes with its its own boot which you have to cut down to size because it's application isn't only for the Altima. I don't have a pic of it but it's the chrome and carbon coloured one. If you're installing it yourself, don't count on the instructions that come with the razo shift knob cuz they suck. Look in the DIY section of the website and follow the procedures for replacing the stock for the Levoc shift knob. Different knobs, same procedures.

·
H.N.I.C.
2,666 Posts
u'll prob hav to ventually make your own O/D button on the side of your console somewhere or sumthin'
everyone wit this shifter I know, me included, has had the O/D button go out..
go figure...

:eek: :( :confused:

·
Nissan-Suzuki-Infiniti
324 Posts
skedssays said:

Where'd you get that button, is it easy to wire?

Don't flame me, I'm new!
You can buy the pushbutton switch at Radio Shack for $2.19 (I think...but it was definitely less than $2.50). You can find a Radio Shack store in any mall in the US.

When you remove (unscrew the two screws) the stock shift knob, you'll see a set of wires covered in a white tube. Cut the tube and wires. You might want to leave an inch of two wire connected to the stock shift knob if you want to go back with the old knob. The entire knob will come off after the wires are cut.

From this point, pull the wire out of the shift console (from the botton) and solder the wires to the new switch. There is no polarity in the switch so you can connect either wire on the switch prongs.

Also, depending on the type of shift knob you're planning on using, the white plastic adapter (on top of the shaft) will not work with aftermarket shift knobs. Therefore, I remove it to install my Razo.

The entire setup took about 30 minutes to complete (taking your time).

Good Luck!

·
Nissan-Suzuki-Infiniti
324 Posts
Re: hey

giant said:
hey i was wornding were did you get that shfit knob, i've been looking for one but no luck. did you order it off a site or was it a local store. :D
You can buy an authentic Razo at www.ebay.com and search for Razo.

I bought my Razo knob used for $20 from ebay.

Or you can buy some of the knock off brands at Autozone or Pepboys for $20 or more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.