The Nissan Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
M W S
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the Bose 6-CD system has an input for external sources?

I'm thinking about adding an mp3 player. Otherwise, I need to burn a bunch of audio cds.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't think so! even it does there is no way unless re-program the menu to siwtch the input. I think the best you can do is to get a FM RF adaptor, and of course audio quality may suffer! ;)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
my guess is an external nissan changer
Jae

·
Life, Liberty, Pursuit of
320 Posts
i am in between

Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 6:00 AM
To: Sean E(Z02802)
Subject: Re: 2002 Nissan Altima Stereo Development

If you have 3 square plugs it will control a changer the din is for a aux in in the future (the second part is in response to my question "what is the din for?" )

That is the word i got from jeff hobart (?hogart?) at soundgate.
i was talking to him about loaning my stereo to him and that is what soundgate thinks.

I guess its a guess. xm/mp3 is what they say it is, and they ARE experts after all.

i really like how easy it is to take apart the center console in this car and there is a ton of room back there for extras.

working on hardwiring a 400 watt inverter right now. i still have to find the right trim pieces to make it look "pretty"

·
Moderate User
72 Posts
The interesting part was that when I asked the tech guy over at Soundgate about the CD interfacers for our stereo he said that it uses the square plug on the back not the round DIN plugs

Then somebody else said there are aftermarket changers compatible w/ our HUs and the connector pictures looked like this:

I guess the interesting question is, because the front of the HU only has a "CD6" button to control the in-dash changer, if you attach a trunk mounted changer will it cancel out the indash changer? Or will the button toggle between the 2 changers?

Hmm...

·
Willow Springs, Turn 4
195 Posts
Wrote this to Bose:
I just purchased a 2002 Nissan Altima SE
with your 6 disk, 8 speaker system in it. ( It sounds WONDERFUL btw) I would
like to know if I can add a 10 disk changer to this system ??
Thanks....

Got this back from Bose:

The cd changer that works as part of the Bose Music System is offered
through the Nissan dealer, please contact your local dealer for pricing and
availability.

All after market cd changers are operate through the FM antenna and can
degrade the sound quality.

Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation.

Patty Bolack
Consumer Relations Division
-----------------------------------------------------
Bose Corporation - Contact Information

·
Registered
3 Posts
here's what I know

I don't know too much on this subject but this is what I do know. I have 2001 Infiniti QX4 with Bose in-dash 6 disc changer. I don't know if it's the same as the Alty. However, I got the dealer to throw in the ceiling mounted DVD entertainment system. They installed a manual AUX switch in the center console next to the heated seat switches. When the kids watch a DVD Ijust flick that switch, it changes the BOSE input to AUX and what do you know, I'm listening to SHREK for the 1 millionth time. I don't know if this helps at all, since I haven't looked at how it's hooked up.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Re: here's what I know

andybassett said:
it changes the BOSE input to AUX and what do you know, I'm listening to SHREK for the 1 millionth time. I don't know if this helps at all, since I haven't looked at how it's hooked up.
Does your radio display say "AUX" on it when you flip that switch? Have you tried flipping the switch when the DVD player is off? If you do that, is it just silent in the car?

Thanks!

We may be on to something that you can purchase from Nissan/Infinity that can change the radio to that Aux Input!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Question #1: Yes the display on the radio does change to AUX.
Question #2: If I hit the switch with the DVD Player off, it is not silent in the car.... The Kids are SCREAMING "PUT ON A MOVIE". Kidding - I believe the answer to this quetion is yes, the speakers are silent and the display still reads AUX.

Hope this is some help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.