The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting some axel hop (I know to avoid this) when I break the tires loose. This doesn't happen every time. It has happened on smooth pavement, from a stop and from a rolling start. Could suspension mods / different tires help? I'm running cheap Firestones right now. Any suggestions would be great.

OR???? because of all the weight up above the tires in a front wheel drive, could something be possibly happening in the clutch that feels like axel or wheel hop???

to anyone with some good advice, thank you.

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
get new springs and shocks...maybe a new clutch (ACT, then you'll do some burnouts)...and keep your worthless tires...wouldn't want to do burnouts on good tires anyway...too much $$$$...

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
The things I noticed helped the most were , new struts with a good lowering spring , Urethane sway bar bushings , and the most helpfull were the Urethane motor mount inserts ... I used the Energy Kit for Sentra SE-R , but the Place Racing kit is good also ... My car Never wheel hops any more !!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SHAWN said:
The things I noticed helped the most were , new struts with a good lowering spring , Urethane sway bar bushings , and the most helpfull were the Urethane motor mount inserts ... I used the Energy Kit for Sentra SE-R , but the Place Racing kit is good also ... My car Never wheel hops any more !!!
thanks for the info

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
besides the suspension thing, just go easy on the clutch/gas.
Wheel hop isn't so bad...my 93 GXE 5sp stock ran 16.3 and I had wheel hop all through 1st gear. heehee
Jae

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Actually I used to have my best 60fts. when it would hop half way through 1st !!!! But its kinda hard on the car !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts