The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my boot is torn on the passenger cv axle and the axle is starting to go bad. Popping noises when turning etc....Was in a time crunch and needed my car by Saturday to drive to florida....Luckily, Im not going now, but I had my car in the shop, They tried 4 different axles and none fit. All were too thin for the transmission seal. I ordered one that comes with a new seal from amazon. Hopefully it will fit. The Nissan shafts are way too expensive. $584 w/ABS online. This ever happen to anyone else? Yeah no....Any advice would be awesome. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2,585 Posts
I replaced both of mine with Import Direct from O'Reilly's. I think they were $75 each. Plus core. Perfect fit and after a couple years, no issues.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the part number? In case the one from amazon doesn't fit?

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Not sure why you guys dont think this thru. The part in question , a CV axle, does not simply go bad to the extent of needing to be replaced..... unless it is physically bent or snapped, these things are easily rebuilt and very inexpensive. About $20-30 including boot replacement. Its a 1hr job for any local axle shop (not a regular auto shop, an axle shop). I have given this very same advice to more than a few members on here, and trust me, they are believers now. Sometimes a part does need to be replaced...this is not one of them.

Reactions: zerolimit4life

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure why you guys dont think this thru. The part in question , a CV axle, does not simply go bad to the extent of needing to be replaced..... unless it is physically bent or snapped, these things are easily rebuilt and very inexpensive. About $20-30 including boot replacement. Its a 1hr job for any local axle shop (not a regular auto shop, an axle shop). I have given this very same advice to more than a few members on here, and trust me, they are believers now. Sometimes a part does need to be replaced...this is not one of them.
Yes this all is true, my axle CAN be rebuilt, the boot IS torn and it is wearing out. However, with that said my axle needs to be replaced because the closest shop that will rebuild the axle is not anywhere near me...So option two replace axle....I have searched read and all that jazz and came to the conclusion that I cannot send my axle to be replaced when I am supposed to be driving down to Florida in two days (thankfully that didn't happen, but I still do not have time to drive 4 hours to get the axle rebuilt), so replacement seems to be only option.....And after further research, I found that the part the auto shop kept receiving was for the automatic. Part number NI-8202. I found that the manual is part number NI-8188

Sorry if I seem like an ass, but in this instance, replacement is the only viable option because my car is my daily driver and with three people driving two cars....not a fun day....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts