The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my wife was driving the altima and said that when she backed up out of a parking spot and went to put it into drive the tranie stoped working so I went and checked it out and it wont go into any gear at all even park is netural all gears are netural does anyone know what the prob might be or have they had it happon to them..... Please HELP.

Thanks Randy

·
Registered
837 Posts
yah i know u kicked the shit out of ur tranny.....your wife must be a pretty hard driver or u haha.....same thing happend to me twice....u need a new transmission buddy hope its still covered under warrenty

·
they call me the butcher
1,975 Posts
yea im goin with the new tranny idea

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
did you check the half-shafts/cv joints to see if maybe one of those didn't give?

·
I ♥ speedbumps
1,439 Posts
Shift cable could have snapped, check the oil level also.

The shift cable, if you look at the tranny from the bottom, is attached to what looks like a lever. You can check it by having someone put the car in gear and see if it pulls or pushes on the lever.

If not..then it might be your tranny :( The relays might have gone out. I got mine rebuilt for 1500.

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rick.... YOU THE MAN....... pasenger side half-shaft snaped right at the cv joint YABABY.... only 80$ at import store. THANKS again for the ideas.

Thanks Randy:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts