The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

2017 Midnight edition. Went in for state inspection and was informed the pads will need replacing in 3-4 months. Which is a bit odd to me as the car only has 29,600mi. They said that the back pads are wearing more than the front. Any idea why this is? Thanks.

Bob

·
Registered
94 Posts
My 2014 Altima went through rear pads before front pads. We live in the burbs with minimal stop and go, also a number of multi-day road trips. I replaced the rear pads at around 70,000 miles, the fronts at around 85,000. The original rotors remain in-use. Just a pad change and brake system flush and all is well at 91,000 miles.

When changing pads, there was still some pad remaining. I just didn't want to risk damage to the rotors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For my 2015, the rear pads went out at 78,000 miles. All fours brakes were serviced and lubed at this point.

Currently, I am at 117,000 miles and the car still has original front pads.

They still have 3-4mm (1/8 inch) of material left so I think they should be good until 125K with my driving style.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2014 Altima went through rear pads before front pads. We live in the burbs with minimal stop and go, also a number of multi-day road trips. I replaced the rear pads at around 70,000 miles, the fronts at around 85,000. The original rotors remain in-use. Just a pad change and brake system flush and all is well at 91,000 miles.

When changing pads, there was still some pad remaining. I just didn't want to risk damage to the rotors.
70,000? 85,000 on brake pads? I'm just shy of 30,000 and need new pads and I brake lightly. Sheesh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts