The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to this forum but have been reading for a couple of weeks. I just purchased a 02 Altima 3.5SE (5 SP) that has the same rear shock noise (or I am assuming it's the same) happening over little ripple bumps in the pavement. On a related note I am thinking about lowering the car with the pro kit in the next couple of months. I have a question about this I didn't see any write up on.

1. Have people who experienced the noise seen it go away if the new pro kit springs are added? Or is it something with the strut and shock assembly that is the culprit?

I have never lowered a car just using the springs, have had luck with coilovers. I know that coilovers are not out on the market yet but something needs to be done with that gap. Probably worse for us 5 speed folks, I think the tranny should be lighter. Any spring comments are welcome.

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
My dealer told me the "clunk" noise is solely the shocks (a Nissan TSB) which they will be replacing on my Altima along with another TSB once all the parts arrive at the dealership.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
My friend..I was probably the first to notice this "Clunk in the Trunk" quite some time ago. We all ripped our cars apart trying to find the cause attempting to avoid the dealer. I maintained all along that it was a rear suspension problem (Yes I am patting my self on the back) the entire time. I was too much of a pussy to take my car into the monkeys to have them take it apart to NOT FIND the problem. Thanks to the brave members here...who had the balls to leave their babies in the hands of the JASON of automotive service!!!!!!!!!!

When the TSB was issued I made the appointment to have my rear shocks replaced.....It was like a different car. Truely remarkable!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's my problem also. I have to drive about 30 min + and drop the car off, arrange a ride and try to come back to pick it up. Most of this would be done durring the week between 9 and 5 when the shop is open and I should be at work. All to be told that they couldn't find the problem or don't agree there's a problem. Pain in the *#&$). I guess I am a big chicken.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts