The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
2015 Nissan Altima 2.5 Base & 2001 Nissan R50 Pathfinder SE 3.5 4X4 MT
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 base altima and im planing to up grade my current head unit with an after market one that supports the following gps, sirius xm, blue tooth,aux,2 pre amp out puts, and back up cam. I noticed when i open my trunk that i can see the female end of the connector that i would plug my spoiler into if i had one, but aside from that i also see another female end of a connector there as well. Is this the connector that the back up cam plugs into if i had one?

Registered
The hardest part of the hole stereo install was running wires for the camera and mounting

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
Bought this on ebay dont remumber the seller it was less than $20 drilled a hole and mounted to the trim plate never had any issues good camera View attachment 77954

Ditto...same camera same comments (it has a Sony CCD camera chip in it with above average low light sensitivity). Full install detailed in my BOSE upgrade thread in my .sig. In my case I wired the coax from the camera back through to the head unit. Required temp removal of the trunk lid liner, driver side trunk liner, rear seat and centre console (between front seats).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply, I was leaning a bit more towards a oem back up cam. But if this is a good quality cam I might look a bit more closely at it. Does it have good night vison?

Registered
Ditto...same camera same comments (it has a Sony CCD camera chip in it with above average low light sensitivity). Full install detailed in my BOSE upgrade thread in my .sig. In my case I wired the coax from the camera back through to the head unit. Required temp removal of the trunk lid liner, driver side trunk liner, rear seat and centre console (between front seats).
Yep exact same story, and it displays the red & green lines (that was a option) those are very helpfull it's surprising how you learn to depend on a camera, and yes day and night both great.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This was my vendor and part. Needs 12V for camera power (stock harness would only provide 6V if it's even there)

Sony CCD Night Vision Metal House Switchable Car Front Side Rear View Camera | eBay
this might sound dumb or crazy, but I modified my cent:deviler console a short while ago with an added led strip. and to get the 12 volts needed for it to work I tapped into my car charger out let under my climate controls. would it be ok to do the same for my back up cam?

Registered
this might sound dumb or crazy, but I modified my cent:deviler console a short while ago with an added led strip. and to get the 12 volts needed for it to work I tapped into my car charger out let under my climate controls. would it be ok to do the same for my back up cam?
Thats were I took my power from , with the rosen stereo there are 2 options for camera ,1 power from your reverse light/wiring harrness that will triger the camera when you go into reverse & second power from a source when the car is on only, if you want to turn the camera on manually (say when your driving but no need for that ) its a option with a touch control on the screen that can be enabled.

The the simplest method is just to take it from your reverse light and don't worry about the other Hotwire and it'll trigger when you reverse

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats were I took my power from , with the rosen stereo there are 2 options for camera ,1 power from your reverse light/wiring harrness that will triger the camera when you go into reverse & second power from a source when the car is on only, if you want to turn the camera on manually (say when your driving but no need for that ) its a option with a touch control on the screen that can be enabled.

The the simplest method is just to take it from your reverse light and don't worry about the other Hotwire and it'll trigger when you reverse
kool fair enough, thanks for the insight.

Registered
Take the power wire from the reverse light positive and hook it to the camera and also the trip wire for the stereo which is a green and white one I believe thats also detailed in the instructions then it will trip when you reverse automatically

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

But if i wanted to, i could always do both right?

But if i wanted to, i could always do both right?
As long as the camera is powered when the car is on (IGN), the Rosen screen option will always work. If you can connect the rev_cam function wire on the Rosen to your reverse light circuit...then yes, both should work.

For HU's that don't have the soft touch option and can only engage video when in reverse, you can diode-OR the reverse signal with a button signal to force the HU to display video (either in reverse, or when added button is active). Without the diodes, your custom 'video on' button would also illuminate the reverse lights otherwise...

Premium Member
I recently got rid of a 2014 Honda Accord to buy the 2015 Nissan Altima. One of the few regrets I have is the camera system. The Honda had a larger screen and the grid on it would turn as the car turned. The grid on it was much more accurate than the one on my SV. It was a much better system than the one we have in our SV. I also liked the lane turn camera on the right side of the car. If I were installing a back up camera I would try to do it with the camera from the Accord.

Camera is the same, it's the software in the HU that changes...and yes, the Nissan backup cam systems are pretty primitive relative to what else is out there. FYI for the lane markers to dynamically change, you need a sensor for the steering angle feeding the HU.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As long as the camera is powered when the car is on (IGN), the Rosen screen option will always work. If you can connect the rev_cam function wire on the Rosen to your reverse light circuit...then yes, both should work.

For HU's that don't have the soft touch option and can only engage video when in reverse, you can diode-OR the reverse signal with a button signal to force the HU to display video (either in reverse, or when added button is active). Without the diodes, your custom 'video on' button would also illuminate the reverse lights otherwise...
So in other words no need to jack the needed 12 volts from my car charger port. Just tap into the reverse light and I ll still be able to randomly turn on my rear view camera as well?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

So that means theres a constant 12 volts present when car is on?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts