The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just got the Pioneer Avic 930BT unit and I was also thinking of adding a backup camera during the install. Do you guys know which camera I can get that will fit well on a 2010 altima sedan? I can't find any altima-specific cameras on eBay, only universal cameras. I am looking for one of those that cna possible fit where the plate lights are so it doesn't stick out too much :)

Second, I am getting HIDs installed and I think I want to also replace the orange bulbs that are in the headlights with something else. Has anyone done that and which bulbs have you used?

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks johnmann

I saw that one and I was also looking to see if I can find one that mounts like the stock camera, underneath the lip :) Worst case scenario I will buy a plate-mounted one but I am always trying to go for the stock looks!

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Alright, will do. I'll take a close up picture of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I didn't resize the pics just incase you wanted to really look at the install..

Hope this helps anyone who is interested in buying a cam.

Basically what I did was use the included hole saw drill, cut the hole in the center of the OEM marked area. I did this by removing this entire plastic peice (you remove the trunk lid liner, take off three bolts and push on two tabs).

After this I drilled a hole in the actual metal of the trunk lid to get wires through and coated that hole with rust inhibitor and my K12 paint.

Then I ran the wires in line with the wire loom already in place and created my own loom which goes down the right hand side of the trunk arm things.

Lastly, I connected the positive to the red/blue wire of the reverse light and connected the ground to a screw which is behind the corner part of the back left seat. I ran the video RCA cord up front and that's it!

·
BoSs DoN bIG WaVeY
2,737 Posts
this should work with any head unit right.. it looks real oem ish.. does anyone have a pic of the oem one?
how is it at night?

·
Registered
243 Posts
This is a Maxima one, but it looks similar (or is identical) to the Altimas. And yes, the one we installed should work with any head unit. It's just a RCA video connection. You may just need to wire the reverse signal to your headunit so the headunit knows to turn the screen on when you're backing up.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yep. It does have the grid lines. I can take a picture, but it has three different grid lines yellow, blue, and red I think.

·
Registered
169 Posts
im gonna have to pick one of these ups too. the one i have bolts on top the license plate

·
Registered
243 Posts
Picture quality at night is not bad at all. I find it to be pretty good. Not the best, but good. I also have the VLED reverse lights which probably aide in the night time backing up, too.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts