The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
reppin DC crew
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im geting like 160-190 miles per tank and i know thats bad. i just got an oil change(it was like that before the oil change too.) and im going to change the o2 sensor asap. what else can i change to improve the mileage. but i dont hvae money to spend on anything expensive.

·
L4D2 Rage!
1,818 Posts
I get about 200 per tank, i usually add that fuel treatment, works kinda

·
Registered
81 Posts
try your spark plugs, your grounds (in other threads on this forum) o2 sensor, air filter and fuel filter

·
The Minnesota Member
1,752 Posts
Whatever you do, DO NOT try fuel injector cleaner. I used it once on my old '94 GXE and within days it had clogged up one of my fuel injectors. I belive it was the STP stuff in the red bottle. I also remember reading a service bulletin from Nissan recommending NOT to use fuel injector cleaner on any of their engines. I dunno, you might want to find out for sure, though...

·
OG
4,071 Posts
yeah i get a little better ... ~250 out of 12 gallons (not all 15.9)
but i got a complete tune-up ($200) and a complete engine rebuild cause of oil leak with new seals and shit ($500)

$700 is not the inexpensive way to fix this problem .. but i had to

·
Talib Kweli
275 Posts
new stillen muffler...

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
Hmm. I just filled up my tank to the top and got 157 miles in a half tank of gas??? My car has 200,000 miles and no engine work has been done to my knowledge!

·
Speed Ricer
1,198 Posts
i have almost 80k miles on my car and im getting 170 miles or so for a tank or so, and that is if i drive it nicely

·
8,112 Posts
I've been getting much better gas milage since I moved up to a higher octane. I use 89 now instead of 87.

Yes, its more expensive but car runs better and more MPG.

And with 160,000 miles on the car it need's the better gas.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
how long this been? check your alignment, air pressure too.

and FL gas sucks... I went to GA and immediately got 4MPG better mileage with their gas.

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
crazymofo1986 said:
im geting like 160-190 miles per tank .

I'm Jealous, try 120 miles per tank. I even hooked up consult but was unable to find anything good to go on. It's George Bush. I have too many Republicans in my gas tank.

·
'96 Max SE loaded
1,307 Posts
man, yalls ****in cars suck

im on 245 thousand miles and im still averagin about 24 mpg (almost 300 per tank) on 89 octane

all i got is a greddy exhaust and k&n filter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts