The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've searched and searched for a problem that relates to mine... but, no luck.

I seem to have this bad idle/jumping rpms/stalling problem that alot of other people have. However, I can drive the car for awhile and, while being sluggish, it runs fine. It always happens at about the same amount of time. After it stalls, the car will not start. If I leave the car there for a couple hours, the car will start fine and I'm able to make it from point A to point B fine, given the amount of time. Please help! I have no clue!

I've chaged the O2 sensor, cap/rotor, distributor, sparkplugs...

I'd like to switch out all the regular maintenance things... but I'm low on funds.. :mad:

·
Another Boosted Altima
3,984 Posts
Vaccum hose
MAF
Misfire

·
Registered
1 Posts
xXxCrypTxXx

Please post once you find out what's wrong. I have the exact same problem where the engine begins to stall and idles real low before quiting WHEN HOT, i.e. after driving for a while in hot weather. Once it does that, it will refuse to start until it's cooled down (after say 15-30minutes). I have checked the power transistor, maf, water temperature sensor, air temperature sensor, and changed the cap and rotor. Still no go.

The wierd thing is it only happens when it's real hot....????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts