The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... let's get started :|
I have a manual 1.6L Versa
I recently bought a K&N air filter and made my own intake, as I couldn't find an aftermarket one. The car began to start on high RPM and to make some cricket noises when hard on gas. I then unplugged the MAF sensor (thinking that the cause of the problem was the diameter of the intake). The car then started to run OK. The next morning I turned the keys and nothing. Tryed pressing the gas pedal while turning the key, got it going. The car then ran sluggish till the engine was hot (pressing the gas pedal and 1 sec later it responded) and while cold, if i took my foot out of the gas and went slow, the engine would die, specially when idle. Then I bought an ebay MAF with housing, with the "right" diameter. Installed it, needed to adapt a different plug for it. Done. Plugged it. Ran smooth, almost normal... the next morning the car was like the MAF was unplugged. Decided to revert everything, removed my self built intake and reinstalled the stock one with the original MAF and reverted the plug adaption. No luck. Car seems to be running with no MAF, sluggish, low iddle, strong fuel smell... maybe ruined the harness, ecu?
Help?
Thanks!

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,667 Posts
More likely a shiny new oiled K&N filter has dirtied the MAF wires. Get a can of MAF spray cleaner and give her a go. Lots of reports of oiled air filters buggering up Nissan MAFs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
More likely a shiny new oiled K&N filter has dirtied the MAF wires. Get a can of MAF spray cleaner and give her a go. Lots of reports of oiled air filters buggering up Nissan MAFs.
Well... Reinstalled the factory intake yesterday night and continued having the problem as described, then plugged off the battery and left it like that the whole night... the car started running almost normally. Maf seems to be working. Gonna clear memory codes later.

And try cleaning the MAF :grin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts