The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called the dealer today, and there were only 6 5-speeds allocated to be made during the February order cycle. Nationwide.

My car is supposed to go in the March cycle, which will mean mid-late April Delivery.

Waiting sucks.

·
Da Shiznit
1,117 Posts
That has got to be BS, I can hardly think that nissan would only build 6 for the Whole nation,

Seems like it would be a waste at the plant to set it up to do 3 5spd 2.5's and 3 5spd 3.5's....

Then have to change it back over to do auto's........

Seems as though you were fed a line..........

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,269 Posts
Aquineas said:
Called the dealer today, and there were only 6 5-speeds allocated to be made during the February order cycle. Nationwide.

My car is supposed to go in the March cycle, which will mean mid-late April Delivery.

Waiting sucks.
Go elswhere...buy on line....buy a different car for that matter...BS

·
Registered
49 Posts
My dealership's sales mgr. looked for one for me. Showed me the printout from the dealer locater network- only12 manuals nationwide out there now.(checking 3.5's) Wrong colors, wrong packages, 1000 miles away... wanted black or white w/charcoal... Got the same old shit "no one wants a 5spd., no resale, blah ,blah, blah" I hate it. Acura legend 5 spd.'s now draw a premium and so will Altis. I bet it's a self-fullfilling prophecy. They wear us down through attrition (can't wait) so none get ordered, so none get made:angry2: Sure are alot on this board tho, lucky bastards. Most likely they're snapped up immediately. Wife didn't have the patience to wait (our car was getting pretty bad) I picked up my Girlie auto today:angry4:

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
3,035 Posts
I sure hope either you were fed a line, or my car is one of the 6 being made. My dealer told me it was being built, but then again, I have heard that before. We'll see, I dont mind because every night I have nightmares about driving my new Altima in the snow and salt!! AHHHHHH! JK, but I really hope spring arrives before my Altima does.

Aquineas said:

Waiting sucks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I hear you on the salt,bro...
I've got my EG Civic broken apart now restoring the suspension pieces exposed to 1 YEAR of New York salt by the previous owner. The knuckles/calipers/rotors etc. look like they were submerged in the ocean! Crusty,flaky rust. Rotors ruined.Many hours of blasting and painting ahead of me.
70 Degrees and all sun here today :cool:

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, the problem is the ABS. I'm not prepared to go without it. The ironic thing is, the test configuration I'm looking for is exactly the one MT tested: 5 spd, ABS, leather sport, microfilter.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,269 Posts
WRC said:
My dealership's sales mgr. looked for one for me. Showed me the printout from the dealer locater network- only12 manuals nationwide out there now.(

That is Bull Shit...my brother in law bought an explorer and the dealer showed him a print out showing nothing with in a several state search. Well we went to another dealer not far away..and guess what? They had tons of exactly what he wanted...DEALERS LIE!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Aquineas said:

Waiting sucks.
Aquineas,

Take a short drive up tp Dallas, the dealer lots
are jammed packed with Altimas up here!
The law of averages should prevail and you'll
be driving back home in the car you want!

Oh, btw...I have a 5-speed 3.5 and had no problem
finding it on my local dealers lot back in November '01
when the demand was sky high! So, I'm confident you'll
have not problem now that supply has surpassed demand
for these cars...

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, a dealer isn't really gaining anything by lying to you about whether or not any are available. After all, they can always do a dealer transfer if they find one. It's actually in his best interest to sell it as soon as possible, in case the customer changes his mind.

Note I went to both of the Nissan dealers in Austin (there are really three of 'em, but two of 'em are owned by Maxwell), and when searching, I think Southpoint found a 3.5 5 spd in Oklahoma somewhere (without ABS).

Gawd I'm hoping when they finally do build my car it's made on a Tuesday or something :)

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
Try a different dealer. I worked with my dealer wanted 3.5 with abs airbags only, found it in one day 150 miles away. That was sunday, picked up the car on tuesday.

·
Registered
91 Posts
When I bought mine there was only 4 3.5SE 5-speeds on the east coast. Had to settle for the ruby color and blond leather instead of silver with charcoal. Luckily mine rolled off a truck that morning from a dealer across town. I understand your pain!

·
Ahhh the power of Cheese
380 Posts
I hate to tell u this but there lyin to u. THey probably either didnt check there pcs or the dealorships they checked were only local. Nissan really pushin the 2.5 on ppl because its the car that is leasing the most for the company. You 3.5 owners might be in trouble when it comes to doin maintenance on ur enginees cuz they obviously trin money saver methods.

Im gettin a 350z in 3years an that car they have more of then the 3.5 an i think that is a big reason why they hardly have 3.5s...they thought 350zs would be bought up like crazy but well ew all dont have 35-50k just layin around. Plus ppl are buyin the G35 isntead of the 3.5 since there just about the same price. To me i think nissan pushed that altima a little to fast an now we gotta suffer with insufficient service n god knows u gotta wait on parts. Aquineas try places in NJ ive seen 3.5se on the lots here. They hide them

·
Registered
216 Posts
SharkDogZ said:
I hate to tell u this but there lyin to u. THey probably either didnt check there pcs or the dealorships they checked were only local. Nissan really pushin the 2.5 on ppl because its the car that is leasing the most for the company. You 3.5 owners might be in trouble when it comes to doin maintenance on ur enginees cuz they obviously trin money saver methods.

Im gettin a 350z in 3years an that car they have more of then the 3.5 an i think that is a big reason why they hardly have 3.5s...they thought 350zs would be bought up like crazy but well ew all dont have 35-50k just layin around. Plus ppl are buyin the G35 isntead of the 3.5 since there just about the same price. To me i think nissan pushed that altima a little to fast an now we gotta suffer with insufficient service n god knows u gotta wait on parts. Aquineas try places in NJ ive seen 3.5se on the lots here. They hide them
Please use a little of the money your saving for a writing class.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts