The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
your mexican connection
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry2:
Guys, I am frustrated with the car. 2 months ago my co-pilot side front struct went bad and I had the Dealer replaced it. Just yesterday I found out that the other front strut went bad too. I called the dealer and they don't have the replacement at this time, will have them in 5 days.

If I drive my car during these days with a bad strut, would I damage the tire?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hello. I recently picked up my 2005 Smoke Altima 3.5SE with Sport Package and I'm in love with the car. I previous car was 2001 Nissan Altima GXE.

Wow... that sounds serious... struts going bad only a few months after your purchase. How do I know if my strut is bad or not?

Any help would be preciated. Thank you.

·
your mexican connection
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are driving on a bumpy road, you will start hearing some banging sound from underneath the car.

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
Kango said:
Hello. I recently picked up my 2005 Smoke Altima 3.5SE with Sport Package and I'm in love with the car. I previous car was 2001 Nissan Altima GXE.

Wow... that sounds serious... struts going bad only a few months after your purchase. How do I know if my strut is bad or not?

Any help would be preciated. Thank you.
Try pushing your car to the ground on each side of the tire. If the car comes up to quick or is easy to move - thats bad shocks. With good shocks/struts, the car would be more stiff.

·
Registered
383 Posts
^^^^ Just got back from a road trip of over 1000 miles each way this past weekend and I can tell you for certain that my struts are bad. Taking my car in this afternoon to get this fixed.

What is this I hear about different revisions of struts? I think I read someplace that revision 2 is coming out this month. Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I don't know. I am still trying to figure out what the difference is in suspension between the SL and SE version of the car. On my sticker is says "Sport Tuned Suspension" as an option that I have that some other cars do not have. Part of the "Sport Package" So what exactly is supposed to be different? I am going to ask when I go there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I believe the "Sport Tuned Suspension" includes stiffer springs, maybe a bigger sway bar in the front, and different struts, but I am not completely sure.

I am a little worried about the struts going bad already on these cars... anyone know what manufacturer they are putting in the cars? (Bilstein, KYB, etc.) I would figure you could get these replaced with a different manufacturer and not have to worry about them again, and reap the benefits of a little stiffer suspension....of course the Dealer will not do this for you.

Just my $.02

·
your mexican connection
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The dealer just called me. They got the struct. Will go to dealership tomorrow to have the bad struct changed.
Can't stand this annoying banging sound any longer. It's driving me nuts.

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
SEO5 said:
I don't know. I am still trying to figure out what the difference is in suspension between the SL and SE version of the car. On my sticker is says "Sport Tuned Suspension" as an option that I have that some other cars do not have. Part of the "Sport Package" So what exactly is supposed to be different? I am going to ask when I go there.

Do you know what the Price difference is for this Option ??? We can tell by that what they provide.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
SEO5 said:

The sports package consists solely of a sunroof and a spoiler. ALL SE's have the "sport tuned" suspension. the SL version will have softer struts/shocks and will make the ride smoother.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Oh man... now I'm really worried. I just got this car like 6 days ago and I'm hearing there's gonna be a problem. Struts going bad... is this for selected few with bad luck or all the 05 3.5SE is getting this problem?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts