The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Illest in Nebraska
892 Posts
To clean them out, You know that foggy stuff that gets inside the headlight but no one seems to know what it's from and how it got in there. he's gonna pull em apart then clean them.

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
i don't know about headlights, but it takes me a couple of minutes to get baked

·
Banned
0 Posts
1. remove headlights

There are 3 screws each, the one on top which is obvious, one about in the middle of the lights looking straight down, and one in the middle rear.

2. Place ONE headlight in an oven about 200 degrees high for about 5 minutes.

3. Take a flat screwdriver and slowly prop open the headlight. Clean with whatever you need. I found engine degreaser works well.

4. Put back in the oven and heat for about 5 minutes. Then put the headlight back together.

5. I would recommend sealing the joints w/ something else, just to be safe. I used super glue.

6. Repeat for the other headlight.

7. Return headligts, enjoy beer and blowjob, not necessarily in that order.

·
w00t
89 Posts
lol oh god that last step was funny....so does it make them basically clear clear and non-foggy?

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
djsassan said:
5. I would recommend sealing the joints w/ something else, just to be safe. I used super glue.
interesting

·
Registered
347 Posts
dammit i wanted to bake my head lights when i took them out, i have a 2000 and its a 1 piece and i used a heat gun to seperate it but was too hard and long so i just put them back, who knows maybe later i'll try again and find it more easier but trying to take them out of the housing wasn't that bad.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah baking them works really well. I did mine last year and it worked wonders. I had quite a bit of moisture in my head light. To the point they wouldn't even let it pass inspection. But baked them and haven't had a problem with moitsure since. I say give it a try. It's worth it.

·
stick shifter.
146 Posts
Okay, I'm going to bake mine next week. If I seal them back up with super glue, will I be able to bake them again, or will they be sealed together permanently?

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
djsassan said:

I just figured if there were any gaps of glue that did not completely seal, an extra sealant like silicone would protect that
i just use spit to seal up joints, but hey! that's just me

1 - 20 of 38 Posts