The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
IM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently put on my h & r springs ( 1.5-f and 1.3-r) and i barely
noticed a drop i dont want to spend another $200 and wait another month + labor. is there anything i can do? is it possible to purchase just front springs or front airbags so the front doens't look raised up?:mad:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I dont know too much about them but maybe someone would be able to tell you if they will get lower with breakin time,, don't know, i would say to take them off and sell them on here to save for some coilovers,

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have H&Rs and they will settle a little bit in the front. If you don't want any gap at all, then you will not be happy with the H&Rs. They do handle really well. You might not notice how much of a drop it is right now, but you will definately notice when you see a stock Altima. Peace

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have intrax springs and they are good ride. the back drop looks really good but the front is a liitle higher than i wanted. it looks good still. i just wanted them to tuck, but there springs not coilovers

·
Registered
243 Posts
XxUncivilized CreationxX said:
i have intrax springs and they are good ride. the back drop looks really good but the front is a liitle higher than i wanted. it looks good still. i just wanted them to tuck, but there springs not coilovers
alright cool...did you leave everything else stock?? is the front higher then the back??

·
Registered
237 Posts
With all the springs for the Altima the front always looks higher. It's not actually higher in the front, it's just that the front wheel wells are bigger. If you want the gap to be the same all the way around, you need coil overs. Peace

·
Registered
243 Posts
tones74 said:
With all the springs for the Altima the front always looks higher. It's not actually higher in the front, it's just that the front wheel wells are bigger. If you want the gap to be the same all the way around, you need coil overs. Peace

shit!!!! what are some other options and how much are the coil overs?

·
Registered
30 Posts
i got sprints 2" drop and the ride is a little stiffer than before but i also have a 94 so its springs were 7 years old. looks tight as $hit and no bottoming out

·
Registered
45 Posts
i just got H&R springs but they are not installed yet is the ride that much better? cause i hope they are good cause i love my ride qulity now it is so smooth i hope the H&R's are close to the same i know the drop isnt much but i am looking for better handleing anyone who has these springs drop me a line.. on what you think about the H&R springs.

[email protected]

·
got widebody?®
2,003 Posts
I can't believe people are STILL having trouble with this "front is higher than the back" thing. :rolleyes:

TRIM THE DAMN BUMPSTOPS IN THE FRONT

Shit.... :D

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
mrdeucie said:
I don't think you know what you're talking about. The front is always higher than the back unless you have coilovers or have cut the springs.
Excactly. And part of the reason is cuz the wheel wells larger to accomodate the turning tires in front.

Also, if u look in the factory service manual, it even says the front's higher than the back.
Jay

·
I ♥ speedbumps
1,459 Posts
I have Intrax, and it isn't that noticeable with stock rims, but when I have my 17's on it is noticeable somewhat, the front is higher still, that's why I'm getting coilovers. I was thinking bags but coilovers will be a hell of a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
my H&Rs didnt settle worth shit. face it..it doesnt look lowered.
cutting the bumpstops wont lower your car. you have to cut them in half i think when you put in springs but that will not effect the ride height. the bumpstop is only hit when your car is about to bottom out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts