The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright i installed the bass blockers.....but i dont think they are doing much...my questions are...1.)Am i wiring it up to the right wire?(it says to write it to the poxative end...which onw is that?) and 2.) I ahve bass blocekrs for my 5x7's and 6.5's that say '[email protected]/[email protected]'........waht is the 8 ohms and 4 ohms?.....another thing is can i hook 2 bass blockers together? if so how do i do that? THanks...i know i have been a little trouble with tese bass blockers questions.....any info would be much appreciated.

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
u should have just gotten a crossover or a good EQ.........sorry i cant help with this

·
Nipponese
5,458 Posts
Bassblockers are crossovers, it's just your regular first order low-pass configuration (just a bipolar capacitor inline the positive lead). You wire the bassblocker inline the positive side, all you do is connect the wire coming from the (+) side of your amp to one end of the blocker and the other end to the speaker's (+). You don't need to do anything to the (-) side. Ohm is a form of measurement for electrical resistance (in case of speakers, it's the impedance rating that is listed but I will not get into details here). For automotive audio, 4ohm drivers are the majority but home audio speakers are mostly 8ohms, the instructions are written for both uses. There are loads of info on the stickied threads on the top of this forum that you can get most of this info from, look for "Ohm's law" and crossovers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts