The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the center console on my 94 Altima. I read in the haynes manual that I should remove the battery cables, because of the airbag, before removing the console. I don't have and can't find a wrench that fits the nut on the battery cable, could someone tell me the size? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I the Haynes manual it states that you need to remove the battery cables if you have an airbag, to avoid setting it off.

·
The Don.
6,151 Posts
Hey you!...yeah you!

Quite now.

I am going to let you in on a little secret. Everyone always says to disconnect the battery for this or that. I'd say to remove the fuse(s) for the circuit(s) in question and you won't have power. No fuse=no power. Ok, don't go telling this to anyone, you hear.

·
How now brown cow?
3,865 Posts
I only removed the battery cable when I did the extra grounding and when I hooked up my WAI for the first time. I've removed my console many times (changing dash bulbs) and never worried about the airbag.

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
thajones said:
...I've removed my console many times (changing dash bulbs) and never worried about the airbag....
eventhough i have an aftermarket steering wheel, i still fiddle with the console occassionally to change out bulbs, heck just let night, i took the check engine light bulb out before i went to an emission inspection station...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts