The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the RTFM and I started the car then pressed and held the foward (Open/Up) button for like 10 minutes. The sunroof still won't response by resetting itself.

It was working fine before the battery was discharged. Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks!

G

·
I would try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes again and with just the ignition switch set to the accessory position, reset the memory as you did by pushing the button until the sunroof vent position pops up. If that doesn't work, back to the service department.

G

·
Here are the exact directions from the manual

MEMORY RESET PROCEDURE
If the battery is disconnected, or the sunroof motor harness connector is disconnected, the sunroof motor memory must be reset. To reset the sunroof motor memory from any sunroof position (full open, partially open,closed, partially vented, and vented), push and hold the sunroof switch in the forward (CLOSE) position until
the sunroof vents in the full-up position. This resets the sunroof motor memory and now the sunroof will operate correctly.

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
pcsgrp said:
Here are the exact directions from the manual

MEMORY RESET PROCEDURE
If the battery is disconnected, or the sunroof motor harness connector is disconnected, the sunroof motor memory must be reset. To reset the sunroof motor memory from any sunroof position (full open, partially open,closed, partially vented, and vented), push and hold the sunroof switch in the forward (CLOSE) position until
the sunroof vents in the full-up position. This resets the sunroof motor memory and now the sunroof will operate correctly.
Didn't work for mine. It was closed and totally dead. Next day was fine.

G

·
I am starting to see a lot of us are having "electrical" type of problems. I wonder if the wiring they are using is ok or if there is a generic problem with their electrical systems? I sure hope not, I have friends who had electrical problems that they could never find (actually I think the first lemon laws were the result of electrical problems) and that would totally suck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pcsgrp,

Thanks so much for your suggestion. Finally have enough courage to pop open the hood again and disconnect the battery... voila! The sunroof is now working again!

Thanks you guys for all your suggestions. You guys are the best!

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,807 Posts
H2O

pcsgrp said:
I am starting to see a lot of us are having "electrical" type of problems. I wonder if the wiring they are using is ok or if there is a generic problem with their electrical systems? I sure hope not, I have friends who had electrical problems that they could never find (actually I think the first lemon laws were the result of electrical problems) and that would totally suck.
Sounds like a water problem shorting the systems out. Will be a bitch to find if it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.