The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately i've been having issues when I try and start my car it continuously clicks, as if it were a dead battery. Then yesterday when trying to start it up it would continuously turn over with no start. Then it would just give me a click, then it began to do nothing. No sound, no click, no turnover.

I inspected the battery (which was four years old) went and purchased a new one and still no luck.

Could this be a battery issue, or something else? The terminals are pretty bad too, which I will be replacing today; just trying to get some friendly advice :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sounds like the starter bearings have worn and the armature is striking the field magnets preventing the starter from turning.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
See my 'Bad Ground' thread in my .sig below. Try my jumper cable test to see if the ground strap is the issue or not, and report back.

·
Registered
337 Posts
A younger sister with a pretty new Altima (won't let me work on it) was at the store a week or so ago, hot day. Car wouldn't start. She put it in. They said it was the starter - $340.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
*updated

So I've replace my battery and battery terminal connections. This is the current state of my car. Any idea what may be the problem?

My best (uneducated) guess is that it's the starter, is that possible?

I've also read that it could be an ignition or fuel system issue. I've read in the past that these model Sentra's have a history of bad starters. I've actually experienced this over the past few years I've owned the car where if I don't let the key sit in the "on" position then it will just crank over and over like in the video.

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

https://youtu.be/AuRGx5quTvw

·
6,365 Posts
You could read my first post a little higher up.

·
6,365 Posts
Could also be the starter solenoid, or connection to. Easiest to test the ground fault first...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts