Nissan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, barely enough money to buy a bazooka tube, since i'd like to have my bass frequencies on a speaker designed for bass... anyway, i'm wondering from any of the people that have or had tubes, what's the wiring like? does it just hook right up? is it easy or hard, how long did it take? i'd like to know as much about it before i throw away $250 on something i can't use...

and btw, i can't afford sub's, i can't afford amps, and i can't afford all those cool things, i really don't need bass that could shake your bowels loose i just need something that sounds nice, so keep it on topic...

·
Call me Pippin
591 Posts
My brother and sister have both used Bazooka tubes, and they do get the job done. They are a bit on the boomy side, and rather 'overpriced'. I'd suggest going done to circuit city or someplace and give one a listen before you fork over the money. Let your ears decide.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so what about the wiring and stuff? is it hard? could i do it myself or will i probably need to get it done professionally?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do you want the SELF-AMPLIFIED model or just the PLAIN tube that requires a separate amp?

B

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm gonna have to get the self-amplified, and amp would cost me too much money, and i have barely enough to get the tube and an a6 wing

·
Registered
30 Posts
AltiWolf said:
i'm gonna have to get the self-amplified, and amp would cost me too much money, and i have barely enough to get the tube and an a6 wing
Should be fairly straight forward. You should be able to do it without much of a problem.

It's similar to a regular amp. It is a boomier sound, which I despise.

Check out Crutchfield's page on installing Powered Bazooka Tubes!

http://www.crutchfield.com/bazooka/S-jIdlKVRk84I/install.html

But if you are going to spend up to $250 on the Bazooka; you need to take a serious look at this!!!!!!! :) It's item #2!

http://thezeb.com/zebaudio/topsellers.html

JB

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i was actually thinking of getting one off ebay. there's a 10" internal amped tube on sale for like $240 with shipping

·
Registered
30 Posts
AltiWolf said:
but now that i look at it... the basslink thing looks mighty tempting...
Those things are pretty nice. Fairly simple and straight-up. Another solid design from Infinity once again!

Let us know what you decide to do.

B

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yea, i've got the same problem i'm afraid. I've got an '00 Audi S4. I'm altiwolf's friend, and i recommended it to him. I have the bose package on my car, so it doesn't allow me to mod the car's system. you'd have to rip the entire system out and then install whatever you want, which doesn't help.

I was contemplating the bazooka tube, but i'm not sure.

Cool car, guys. The new Altima sounds mighty powerful. V6 ownage.

-ihavenoaltima

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, right now i'm thinking of the basslink. it looks good for an affordable sub. i'll give it serious thought and talk it over with "ihavenoaltima" and tell y'all what i do

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have the 10" tube (using seperate amp) and its aight. I have a 1st gen altima and the 10" its a tad too long to be able to fit between the rear (near brake lights) and the wheel wells in the trunk. I have to set it a little to the side, but no big problems. Since you're not really into looking for big sound, you might want to try the 8" so it'll fit better. I heard the 8" sounds good too and you'll save a couple bucks.

·
14,455 Posts
Tubes rock. I had an 8" kenwood tube and loved it to death. Get yourself a decent 10" tube and you should be good if you just want some depth and some small boom in your music. If you want crazy bass, obviously a tube won't cut it.

If i were you, i would test out a tube and a box sub in your car before you buy anything. Alot of companies let you do this. This how i did it before i bought anything.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, i just threw down a bid for the basslink for $216, auction ends in a little over 24hrs, so i should find out more around thursday

·
The status quo sucks
251 Posts
I had a 8" Bazooka and upgraded to a 10" Basslink. Big difference. You can't really pound with the Bazooka but can with the Basslink. It fills in a lot more and if mounted flat in the back corner of the trunk you can fill nicely.

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
kingchicken said:
I had a 8" Bazooka and upgraded to a 10" Basslink. Big difference. You can't really pound with the Bazooka but can with the Basslink. It fills in a lot more and if mounted flat in the back corner of the trunk you can fill nicely.

I've seen some people pull up threads from the past, but this takes is. August 2001. Jesus god, the original posters are probably dead! ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
17 Participants
niceguy
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing