The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Nissan-Suzuki-Infiniti
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't usually race in the streets...but the other day while waiting at a red light, a Camry with a young female driver with a passenger (also female) pulled up next to me.

BTW...I have nothing against female drivers.

As soon as the lights turned green, for some reason, she floored the pedal and I did the same. I ended up dusting the Camry because it couldn't keep up after a couple of lights. I think the Camry is a four banger.

Why do other drivers (in this case a female) disrespected an Altima?

I gave no previous indication that I wanted to race from light to light with the Camry.

My Altima has no stickers and does not have the typical "rice" Honda look.

Anybody have the same type of experience?

·
Registered
3 Posts
my friend's mom has a v6 camry and i want to race him. he has an eclipse gs-t so i wont race him, at least not right now b/c my alty is stock but do you think i will beat him? mine is 5spd and his camry is auto, he says its kinda quick, but i dont know

·
Nissan-Suzuki-Infiniti
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I don't advocate racing in the streets or highways because it can cause accidents.

I think it is the driver that wins races not the car. Though this type of thinking doesn't always win races.

You may not have a chance with a stock Altima vs a V6 Camry.

My Altima only has a WAI and an OBX muffler and I don't think I catch some of the inline 4s or V6s out there.

Maybe from light to light...

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
CryingFreeman said:
I don't advocate racing in the streets or highways because it can cause accidents.

I think it is the driver that wins races not the car. Though this type of thinking doesn't always win races.

You may not have a chance with a stock Altima vs a V6 Camry.

My Altima only has a WAI and an OBX muffler and I don't think I catch some of the inline 4s or V6s out there.

Maybe from light to light...

I lost to a V6 Camry a couple of weeks ago. I've got an auto with OBX/Hiper Industries WAI. It'll be easy to take out four banger Accords and Camrys (Camries??). I'll leave the V6's to the Maxima and Altima 3.5SE's...

·
Nissan-Suzuki-Infiniti
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your right Ry...I'll leave that job of beating the V6s to our big Maxima and 3.5 Altima brothers!

·
Rollin' On Jordans
657 Posts
i usually get girls driving altimas

·
boosted
397 Posts
I usually get challenged by chicks in slusbox civics and tegs with stickers and altezzas. I'd spank them all if they weren't girls.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
what's wrong w/a camry racing you? Don't u pick on cars not in your class? I tend to go for the big yuppies...v6 Passats, v6 Accords, Maximas, GTP's, etc...I don't always win, but I don't always lose.
Jay

·
DirtyGirls4Life
1,327 Posts
My sister has a 92..i think 92 Toyota Camry 2dr..its got a V6...its kinda quick..i've never raced her or that kind of car before! i think since its a 92 it doesnt have as much pep to it as the newer V6s do...oh by the way..she baby's that thing sooo much lol so does my other sister had her 97 200sx..most of our cars in my family are imports besides 2...my mom has a 2000 Volvo S80 2.9 ( inline 6, and she has a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherookee(sP?) V8 and my dad goes between Demos...he has a 2000 or 1999 Dodge Dakota 4dr.. i like imports better : ) (sorry for the family story :D )

Mike

·
Nissan-Suzuki-Infiniti
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've never seen a modified Camry with performance parts.

Camrys are just plan reliable family four door cars. Even the name of the car sounds boring!

·
DirtyGirls4Life
1,327 Posts
CryingFreeman said:

Camrys are just plan reliable family four door cars. Even the name of the car sounds boring!
My sis has a 2dr V6 camry :D

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
CryingFreeman said:

seen a TRD Supercharged Camry?

·
boosted
397 Posts
CryingFreeman said:

So what people say the same about our altimas. A camry can be just as potent as a maxima. I've driven a red 5-speed V-6 camry 2-door and it felt like a real sports car (except for the sloppy stock struts). I still wish someone else didn't beat me to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You guy have never seen a decked out Camry?

Either your looking in the wrong place, or I'm looking in all the right ones.

Whenever I travel I-80 in NJ, I see them. I've seen some with like 18 in white painted rims :barf:. I've seen some w/loud mufflers and with ghetto tinted windows. Whenever I go by Newark, I see them all the time...maybe they have a club there or something

Btw, most of them (I think all that I have seen actually) are the older models (the 93+ models).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts