The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...I just got my 97 Altima GXE 5spd and I was wondering what the advantages of a racing clutch and short shifter were....what brand or models should I get, and where can I get them....thanks a ton.......AlTiMa4LiFe

·
22,052 Posts
ACT street/strip is a very popular clutch on here. Firmer shifts, the ablility to handle more abuse, and the ability to handle more power.

Stillen makes a short shifter, and works wonderfuly, but many complain of the high cost. Kartboy makes a shifter..and there are a couple of integra shifters that can be made to fit. They shorten the shift throws and allow you to shift quicker.

·
I'm The Orange Member
2,085 Posts
a performance clutch will let the gears engage so much faster than the rpms on your car will drop less so it will benefit your since its less rpms your car will drop everygear u shift. i personally have a clutchmaster stage 2 clutch for already 3 years of burnouts and racing and i still chirp 3rd gear with 19 inch rims=mad grip after abuse

and like peterson said the short shifter reduces the distance in between gear when u shift so it gives u the advange of shifting quicker than a stock shifter. stillen is the most known on the market, but pricey, i got the bootleg shiat that i got long time ago from topspeed=dont get this one

·
Music Selecta'
566 Posts
Get an ACT street/strip w/a Jun Flywheel It is way worth it, you might as well do it all at once, if your gonna be paying to have someone do the clutch anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts