Nissan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got experience changing the rear toe-control arm on a 1999? The Techs at Nissan said you have to drop the gas tank to get to the front-side of the rear suspension crossmember, but it looks like there's enough room... Anyone who's done this before, please help. Nissan wants to charge ~450 to fix it (most of that is labor). The part itself is only ~65 bucks.

I wouldn't mind if it is going to cost 450, this would put a budget freeze on my Altima-Modding funds, and make me get that 240SX sooner. :)

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh! How much is it for a new 1999 Oil Pan? I have a small puncture on mine... no thanks to that control arm buckling in the middle of a freeway on-ramp.

·
projected member
919 Posts
if they got the right tools, they're not gonna drop the tank. it's a tight fit but you can get it. the oil pan, not sure on $$$, butit's the lower metal pan, not too much $$.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
I bent mine by pulling the e-brake and then sliding into a curb with the back wheel (ya, it was stupid). Anyway, the shop i went to was actually able to bend it back into place, and give me an alingment, for $120. It feels really weird driving the with that bent.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Autocrossing and triple-digit trips into the mountains probably weakened the arm, then it decided to buckle on the free-way on-ramp.

In any case, I'm putting my car back to stock, and getting a 240. I'm probably going to leave it bent when I trade it in.

Parts for sale:

Stillen FTSB
Ground Control Adjustable Coilovers
. 300 lb/in front
. 275 lb/in rear
SE-L red/smoked tail-light lenses.

Anybody interested?

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
PT said:

Parts for sale:

Stillen FTSB
Ground Control Adjustable Coilovers
. 300 lb/in front
. 275 lb/in rear
SE-L red/smoked tail-light lenses.
interested in strut bar... and maybe even your ground controls...

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK... I'll go look at the prices that I paid for them, and take off ~20-30%, and post them in the for-sale section.

G

·
0 Posts
i'd be interested in the ground controls. damn, if u only had a rear sway bar too.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2nd Gen G/C's will fit on 1st Gens?

P.S. My spring rates are not the normal springs that Ground Control gives out...

My Fronts are 300 lb/in.
My Rears are 275 lb/in.

They're gonna be very very stiff compared to everything except full-on race-suspensions.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I'm not going yet... I still need to find a suitable 240SX... you know they only sold 500 of them in 1998, and only 200 of those were manuals. :) As far as I know, I might still be driving this Altima at New Years...

In any case, I'll still come by the site... There aren't very many 240SX forums around. :p There's exactly one to be exact, and there are like 50 active members. You guys are family!!! :D And no-one can beat the Off-Topic forum here. :D

But the car has got to go. :)

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
PT said:
Well, I'm not going yet... I still need to find a suitable 240SX... you know they only sold 500 of them in 1998, and only 200 of those were manuals. :) As far as I know, I might still be driving this Altima at New Years...

In any case, I'll still come by the site... There aren't very many 240SX forums around. :p There's exactly one to be exact, and there are like 50 active members. You guys are family!!! :D And no-one can beat the Off-Topic forum here. :D

But the car has got to go. :)

freshalloy has a pretty good 240sx section going strong...

BTW, what will you be doing with the HID system?

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What do you think? I'm gonna have HID Projectors!!! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
PT
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing