The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 3.5 SE Auto and find I can not floor it to get the best acceleration. I have to ease into the power or else it seems the car "boggs" down and seems like you are a gear higher than you should be or that too much fuel is going in and the engine is gagging. Is this normal with drive-by-wire cars.

Kinda embarrassing as I was taken by a Sunfire GT (twice). I stomped on the gas and the car just took it's sweet time getting up to speed. However, if I ease into the gas and then push it carefully I can get the wheels to spin, sometimes.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Sweet3.5SE said:
However, if I ease into the gas and then push it carefully I can get the wheels to spin, sometimes.
Strange huh. I haven't got a clue, and I've got the same problem...

·
Life, Liberty, Pursuit of
320 Posts
best way I have found

is to
1)manually shift

2)jiggle the gas pedal once before you floor it. This cause the car to go better.

oh yeah, if you power brake it, it does not work as good as just holding the brake pedal down, tap the gas just enough to cause RPMs to come up (i.e. jiggle) and then hit the gas and let go of the brake at the same time.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
snolden: I need a lil more info. why is manually shifting better? what rpm does the ecu usually shift from 1-2 and 2-3? How does manually shifting affect launching?

I would agree w/not flooring it all the way. it's the same reason why many on this bbs don't believe that removing the rubber stopper behind the gas pedal will make the car go faster...I think the drive-by-wire gets confused cuz it's getting too much (or too little) resistance. I would agree that u should push all the way down, then back off a bit.

snolden's technique of braking is also called "flashing". Do a search on the web for "flash brake" or variations and see what you find.

Jae

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's because this car doesn't use throttle cable like other cars.
There's no relevence on how much you step on the accelerater and the throttle position because our car uses drive-by-wire system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, traction control is always off and Yes I have a K & N.

And No couldn't get the 5 speed because I am "Married with Children".

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
Sweet

Yeah, that sucks, well like I said it did help mine. There are still some times when you hit the gas and it will just sit there, and other times that the wheels will break loose. Car is very moody or something,

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sweet3.5SE said:
... Kinda embarrassing as I was taken by a Sunfire GT (twice). I stomped on the gas and the car just took it's sweet time getting up to speed. However, if I ease into the gas and then push it carefully I can get the wheels to spin, sometimes.

Any advice would be appreciated.
My advice: Stop racing sunfires GTs. ;)

OpalBlue ;)

·
older then dirt
50 Posts
pulls hard 4 me

I don't have a problem in mine, infact i can roll at
5-10 mph and romp on it and i still get good spinning,
and mines an auto....

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.