The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just recently fried my amp (PPI pc2350...older dark grey line) pushin' 3 jl 10w6's at 1 ohm. Lookin' for a new amp that is 1 ohm stable and will push these HARD. Here are my choices so far...

PPI 21400
JL 500.1
Fosgate bd 1000
or maybe but not sure about
Mtx 8100d
JBL 1200

I like PPi's quality since that is always what I've run but it's hella pricey and their new line isn't anything like thier old stuff. I don't think the jl will be enough power. But I've heard good things about the jbl 1200. Any comments, thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!

Jared

·
Registered
393 Posts
Check these guys out...

MMATS Pro Audio

Of all the Class D amps out there at the moment, these guys have been getting the best reviews, as well as the best efficiency ratings of all the Class D's out there... really tight amps

·
Mine's bigger than yours
401 Posts
stavios said:
run those JLs with 1 1000x1 JL audio amp, and 1 500x1 jl audio amp

those will give u enough power. just make sure your box size is big enough
Holy crap, NO,... That's the most retarded thing i've ever heard... Why? You NEVER do that... NO. :angry2:

Also don't get a jl amp, why the hell would somebody pay that price, they're like 1 dollar a watt. Yeah they're good amps but the price is ridiculous.

Go for the jbl 1200.1, it's a good quality amp and you can get it for like $250.

·
Mine's bigger than yours
401 Posts
2demon5 said:
Check these guys out...

MMATS Pro Audio

Of all the Class D amps out there at the moment, these guys have been getting the best reviews, as well as the best efficiency ratings of all the Class D's out there... really tight amps
Yeah mmats amps are good but they're expensive for most people. Also their customer service sucks. The jbl 1200.1 can be had about $100 cheaper the an the matts amp that puts out the same, both are good amps though, just a matter of money really..

·
sittin' pretty.
2,427 Posts
sleepa said:

Holy crap, NO,... That's the most retarded thing i've ever heard... Why? You NEVER do that... NO. :angry2:

Also don't get a jl amp, why the hell would somebody pay that price, they're like 1 dollar a watt. Yeah they're good amps but the price is ridiculous.

Go for the jbl 1200.1, it's a good quality amp and you can get it for like $250.

·
Registered
184 Posts
02silver2.5l said:
1st why are you running the jl's at 1 ohm. They are dual 6 ohm speaker meant to run in 4 ohms?
w6's can be wired for 1ohm or 4ohms. I've got the same setup (1ohm), and I'm running them with a Soundstream ClassA10.0. It's clear and loud but I wouldn't recommend the amp I'm using - it's too power hungry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts