The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 700s pushing these bad boys in a 97 Altima. It is really loud but I want to fell it in my chest when it goes boom boom boom. I don't have that effect right now. But it is loud. What is the best amp for these speakers.

two HX2 12" 500rms 1000max...Help me and everyone else out..Holla

RockFord Fosgate is the brand ro go with.

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
IT DEPENDS WHAT KIND OF BOX YOU HAVE.. There should be atleast 500 watts on each sub.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the box is a sealed box.. WHat Rockford Fasgate AMP should I put on it.....

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
depends on what your budget is. Something that is close if not over 1,000 watts rms with a bass knob.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm think about getting two 500bd or one 1000bd Amp. I don't know yet..WHich would be better.......

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
series, + to + , - to -, bridge to AMP.....2omp load, yea baby

·
Own Joo
1,205 Posts
Mine are dual voice coil, i ran inside the box

+ to -, then the other two +,- go out the box, and from there i just ran all 4 wires to the +,- bridge part of the amp, so there are two wires under each bridge.

That sound right?

·
<for hire>
2,769 Posts
One Power 250M per voice coil :D

I'm running one of these subs with just a 250M powering it. It really thumbs even though it's only powereing about HALF of what it could take!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes the wireing does matter. These rockford fosgate 12"s are some bad ass speakers (good speakers). If you wire them that way then you are wireing them wrong. It you should go from + to + and - to - and bridge them to the amp to get the most from the amp.

Now with the amp that I have right now 700s, its bidge at 700watts x1 so going to two 12" speakers that would mean that each 12" is getting 350watts.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Netwild24k said:
yes the wireing does matter. These rockford fosgate 12"s are some bad ass speakers (good speakers). If you wire them that way then you are wireing them wrong. It you should go from + to + and - to - and bridge them to the amp to get the most from the amp.

Now with the amp that I have right now 700s, its bidge at 700watts x1 so going to two 12" speakers that would mean that each 12" is getting 350watts.
It's not always 'the best' to wire your subs in parallel...it depends on the voice coil resistance, how many subs you have, and what kind of load your amp can handle. Wiring your subs for a 2 ohm final load and then bridging 2 channels will be an easy way to put your amp into protection mode, unless your amp is 2 ohm stable bridged (most amps are NOT).

Generally, yes you will get more out of your amp if you wire your subs in parallel...but you amp doesn't necessarily have that power to give out.

·
Registered
288 Posts
assassin said:
all rockford amps do thouhg ;)
My bad, I was about to correct you but realized it was I who made the mistake. I corrected it, but I meant to say unless your amp is 2 ohm stable BRIDGED. Which is not very common among amps...and rockford is no exception. Some older rockford amps were considered 'cheater' amps and could go down to 2 ohms bridged but that was uncommon and I don't think any of their current models can do that.

Basically I was trying to point out that you shouldn't just go wire your subs in parallel because you could possibly burn out your amp...and it will almost definitely be putting your amp into protection constantly. Especially with all the people around here who are newbies, I wouldn't want them to follow netwilds advice blindly thinking they'll get more power when they'll just end up burning up their amps.

·
<for hire>
2,769 Posts
Very true. Definetly do your research before attempting to wire you subs yourself. Learn about resistance, ampage, and voltage, as well as the difference between series and parallel. Also, know your components.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oK LISTEN PEOPLE. i didn't put all the info out their. WHy would anyone go do something with out researching it. If you have a n amp you should no what your amp can do if you plan on wireing it up or messing around with it yourself. When a amp goes into protection mode it really means that it is hot/ about to over heat. I think the average person knows when you messen with power that when something reset's it's self that means that you need to turn the power down. For all the Altima Fans out their do your research like my fellow altima up top said. It all denpends on your setup (amp, speakers, etc..) If anyone else has any more tips post them and remember that ....

"MOTIVATION IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS" holla back

FLA for Life "**********"

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
I don't know why everyone likes Rockford so much. Granted they are good speaker but I'd take my Alpine over any Rockford any day.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sorry but those punchs are off the chain (tight, good, etc..). I think the main reason why people like it so much is that most people have seen other people with the product and it's easier to get. They are sold at places were alot of people shop, BEST BUY. The color has something to do with it too. Colors have an effect on the brain. DOn't ask just let it be...Holla

1 - 20 of 20 Posts