Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a good amp to run my mids and highs? I have:
4-tweeters
2-4" mids
2-5 1/4" mids
2-6 1/2" mids

I need some suggestions for a good amp. I would like very clean sound. I have a Rockford Fosgate 800x pushing my 2-12's.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Mike

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
1,036 Posts
need more info! Crossovers? power ratings... impedance of speakers (if no crossover).....

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 2 component sets. The 4"s and the 61/2'' are the components sets with the tweeters. I honestly don't remember any of the specs for the speakers. I have had this system for almost 2 years now.
Basically I am looking for a quality 4 channel amp. With about 500w of power.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hOW DOES THIS AMP SOUND??
It is a Soundstream amp. I know Soundstream is very good. This looks like their lower end amps. I wonder if it is still very good!??

SOUNDSTREAM® PICASSO PIC4.480 4 X 120W,4 CHANNEL AMP! ITEM IS BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED AND IS NOT REFURBISHED!

At Soundstream they believe that the reproduction of sound is only as good as the equipment. That’s why their award-winning engineers developed the Picasso line of amplifiers. Affordable sound quality is 3 words that normally do not go together in the same amplifier. Only Picasso has it all.
Picasso amplifiers bring out the art in music with features that are universal by nature with technology that is uncommon

Features
TST™ (Twin Stack Technology) 2 amplifiers to drive one voice coil effectively doubling the power.
• Fully regulated, MOSFET power supply
• PWM circuitry
• High quality FR-4 circuit board
• Satellite Power Gain (remote gain control)
• Continuously variable 24dB low-pass crossover (50Hz to 150Hz)
• Continuously variable 24dB subsonic filter (50Hz to 150Hz)
• Variable 0 – 18dB subwoofer equalizer @ 40Hz
• Continuously variable phase alignment (0°- 180°)
• Tri-guard amplifier protection • Intelligent Distress indicator (IDI)
• Platinum RCA input and output • Platinum 1/0 gauge power inputs
• 1-ohm stable
• 5Hz – 250Hz frequency response
• >80dB S/N ratio
• 0.30% THD

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
1,036 Posts
thats not a good amp for a component set! Look at the crossover range!

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
1,036 Posts
2demon5 said:
If you can afford it... it doesnt get any better than this... and its perfect for what you got...

McIntosh MCC404

:D
How can u say it's perfect for what he's got when we don't know the power ratings? Or did you just want to post a high quality amp for no particular reason? Do you even know how much they go for? $1500+

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
1,036 Posts

Autotek MX-4500
75 Watts X 4 Channels @ 4 Ohms
110 Watts X 4 Channels @ 2 Ohms
125 Watts X 4 Channels @ 1 Ohm
200 Watts X 2 Channels @ 4 Ohms Bridged
400 Watts X 2 @ 2 Ohms Bridged

Autotek XS-900.4
110 Watts X 4 Channels @ 4 Ohms
200 Watts X 4 Channels @ 2 Ohms
225 Watts X 4 Channels @ 1 Ohm
400 Watts X 2 Channels @ 4 Ohms Bridged
450 Watts X 2 @ 2 Ohms Bridged

PPI PCX-440
Channels: 4
4 ohm: 40W
2 ohm: 80W
Bridged: 160W

PPI PCX-480
Channel: 4
4 ohm: 80W
2 ohm: 160W
Bridged: 320W

PPI PCX-4125 (my favorite!)
Channel: 4
4 ohm: 125W
2 ohm: 250W
Bridged: 500W

There's a start!

·
Registered
393 Posts
crazymike said:
Basically I am looking for a quality 4 channel amp. With about 500w of power.
Was just basing it on this statement bro, thats all... and you can get them cheaper than that... would run right around a grand...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How is Earthquake? My eq is Earthquake and is pretty good. I have heard that Earthquake amps are pretty good for the money. I can get a 540W 4 channel amp for less than $200. It says .016THD at any ohm rating! That is pretty good. Plus it is full range.

What do you guys think?

·
Nipponese
5,458 Posts
If you want some really good sound quality but can't afford the McIntosh, I would recommend the Coustic amps. They have a better power regulator (translation=cleaner sound) and a better output stage than your regular MOSFET amps (which more than 95% of car amps are). You can't get much better than that, not many can compete with that as far as putting out clean signals.

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
1,036 Posts
02silver2.5l said:
i vote ppi amp. They are very clean.. Great for mids and highs.
for someone who ended up with Rockford equipment, at least you've gotten your mind set straight. Time to get rid of the RF amps soon? Pick up some cleaner amp? They do come at a price though, thats the only thing!

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
WELL I GOT THE 160X4 FOR LIKE 80.00
(COULD NOT PASS UP THE DEAL)

THE POWER 250M2 WAS A OLD AMP I HAD FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND JUST RECENTLY PURCHASED A NEW BOARD FOR 100.00 NEW ROCKFORD BOARD.

WITH THE AMPS,SUBS, AND MIDS AND HIGHS I PROBABLY HAVE A WOOPING 1,000. ALL THE STUFF IS IN MINT CONDITION.
I WOULD LOVE TO GET A A1200 AND A PPI 4 CHANNEL TO RUN MIDS AND HIGHS. ONE THING I DID NOTICE ABOUT THE A600 WAS IT DID NOT HAVE THE BASS KICK THE ROCKFORD AMPS DO.
(BUT THE A600 DID NOT HAVE A CROSSOVER IN IT ALSO.)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts