The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I find myself with an extra $100 that I was going to spend on some computer stuff but I decided not to. It's 100 bucks plus or minus whatever banks charge for cashing. Now, my question is, for my 100 bucks what can I do to get the most bang out of it? So far my car is more or less bone stock. Except for the +20hp type-R badges.. errr, i mean... umm ;p I need some adice on mods to do to my car. It's a 1994 gxe and I'd like to get anything that'll bump me up a few horses. I've talked to a few Civic owners and they said that there are a few free mods they do to their cars like when they don't have them down for ground effects they put their lawnmower baldes up and they act like spoilers. But I was thinking general tuneup style. Should I get new plugs, new fuel filter, an oilchange, and a cheap WAI? Any input for the most bang out of $100 is appreciated.

·
22,052 Posts
I would get a cap, rotor and fuel filter from the dealership. Should be under $50 for that.

I'd check and replace the plugs if they need it...$10.

If you haven't done any tranny maintenance in the not too distant past, it might be worth getting a flush and fill. That might cost you a few bucks more than you have left...You could do it yourself if you have ramps and some hand tools.

You could get yourself a WAI, but in my mind, general upkeep items are more important, and could make much more of a difference.

Do you know where Cushing Road is? I grew up on Leland Avenue. Ever heard of it?

·
many words, few of wisdom
1,214 Posts
haha, the stupidty of individuals and groups are funny using downforce spoilers on a FWD. when was the last time you changed your plugs and wire? if you care is still running smooth its fine unless you want better gas mileage (sometimes). Gapping your plugs a little larger helps but it works better with advanced timing. Oil change every 3k -5k miles is a good idea if you want to keep your car around for awhile, the OBX is a good idea for a cheap WAI (from www.southwestautoworks.com ). or another good idea is buy the OBX wai and save the rest for pulleys later on

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
if you have a manual a short shifter is a really good mod. mine was 20$ off ebay, havent had any problems with it and it is a hell of alot nicer than stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts